PUBLISHED: July 2, 2020
CRITICAL FORCE, Kajaani/Helsinki
Critical Force, the creator of successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops, and one of the leading mobile shooter developers in the world, is now looking for a game programmer!
Your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining features and systems for the game. On top of this you will be involved in delivering game updates to the large player base and managing the release process. All this is done in close collaboration with programmers, designers, artists and testers.
- Developing and maintaining gameplay systems for a live product
- Managing game releases
- Creating code that communicates with gameplay server and backend
- Profiling and identifying performance bottlenecks
- Collaborating on technical architecture design with other programmers and keeping code architecture, quality and documentation up to the standards
- Working together with multi-disciplinary team across two offices
- 3+ years of game development experience
- Good knowledge of C# and Unity
- Strong debugging skills
You can also Wow us with your experience with:
- Release management
- Test automation
- Cucumber BDD
- Multiplayer development
- Google BigQuery
Critical Force is a Finnish game company with offices in both Kajaani and Helsinki. We are focusing on competitive multiplayer games for mobile. We strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive levels. Our flagship game is a first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 80 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. From interns to our senior developers, we all share a passion for our creations and pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
The selected candidate can decide to work from either of our offices – in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small town vibe next to nature – or in Helsinki – in an old decorous building the heart of a bustling games capital
- Opportunity to join a game studio awarded multiple times by different organizations
- A fast-moving work environment driven by the people with a passion for games
- The option to work from time to time in our other office in Helsinki or in Kajaani
- Good benefits, incl. comprehensive health and travel insurance and dental care
- Flexible working environment and autonomous teams
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more responsible roles
To apply, please press the ‘apply’ button below and submit your application directly to our recruitment tool. Looking forward to your CV and other relevant information!