Game Lead WONDERSHOP / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: May 31, 2021
Wonderworld is a unique experience that turns any physical location – may it be a playground, shopping mall or even an entire city – into a collaborative community. The game is played at physical gaming hubs on a large screen, and encourages the players to complete quests or tasks related to the hub environment together with other players.Our company values are deeply rooted in social equity, and to ensure inclusive experience as possible, the game is accessed via our custom-made wearable game controller. (You read that right – we’re doing both software and hardware, we’re crazy like that!)In this role you’ll be responsible for creating the best possible team environment and roadblock-free working conditions for your team to execute the project on budget and on time. You’re detail-oriented and sharp, but also a great communicator, collaborator, energizer and a vision-driven leader with solid experience from working with creative teams.We’re a small team with a very hands-on culture, so you’ll be someone who isn’t afraid to get your hands dirty or to dive head first into solving problems. We’re still very early on in our journey, and we hope you’re someone who enjoys or has previously experienced the creative chaos of an early-stage startup. First and foremost it’s important that you are passionate about games, storytelling and great teams, that you know a lot about designing, developing and shipping games, and that you’re eager to jump into the unknown!
Responsibilities and duties:
- Owning and delivering the product vision
- Executing the product roadmap, adjusting where and when needed
- Shipping on time and on budget
- Leading a high-performing and diverse game team
- Collaborating internally across different functions and disciplines, such as marketing, hardware R&D and business development
What we wish to see from candidates:
- Proven track record of growing a game or a creative business
- Experienced in leading a game team and growing a player community
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Great people and leadership skills
- Previous experience working closely with game developers, ideally inside a team
- Experience working closely with other functions, such as finance, business and marketing partners
- Humble attitude
- Passion for games, art and storytelling
Benefits of working with us:
- Fast-growing organization with secured long-term funding
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Support for personal development and learning
- Interesting technological challenges within impact technology and gaming
- Chance to make a lasting positive impact in the world
- Based outside of Finland, the world’s leading game dev capital? No worries, we support with relocation if needed.
- Last but not least, you will grow a lot here! You’ll be surrounded by people with deep experience in their fields and who have a strong passion for making great games and impact.
Apply by sending your CV/LinkedIn together with a short intro to email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We accept applications until we’ve found our perfect match.