Game Economy Manager
PUBLISHED: October 2, 2019
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Game Economy Manager to join our team at Seriously (Helsinki office). You will be working one of our game teams and collaborating closely with the product lead, designers and analysts in order to design and build our free-to-play game economy, to help understand how our games work and how different customers behave in it.
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Design, model, monitor and balance game economy systems, to create a fun and engaging game experience and help drive retention and monetisation improvements
- Work closely with the product lead, designers, artists and analysts on the team, to help identify key areas for balancing, growth and improvement within the game economy
- Recommend rewards and monetization game features to create an economic system to fulfill player needs
- Manage the economy and pricing of virtual goods, maintaining a balance between free content and paid currency
- Build and analyze models simulating the game economy to proactively forecast the results of changes to content
- Investigate different macro economy models for different segments of users
- Plan and use A/B testing to analyze the effectiveness of different game economy strategies
- Share results with the team and company through reports, interactive documents, dashboards, and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, engineering, or a quantitative field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role in the games industry; experience with social games, casino games, or mobile games strongly preferred
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design in order to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- An in-depth understanding of free to play games and how their game economies work
- Enjoy working with numbers, formulas, data analysis and excellent skills in Excel
- Experience with data analysis and an understanding of statistical analysis
- A strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Knowledge of SQL and experience querying large, complex data sets
- Pride and responsibility in your work and craft
- Fluent in English as it’s our working language
- Hands-on experience with R or Python and the related data analysis and web application packages are considered a plus
We kindly ask You to send your CV and cover letter to us as soon as possible as the position will be filled once a suitable candidate has been found.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.