PUBLISHED: December 9, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
Your responsibility as a Game Director is to oversee the design direction of two mobile games: South Park: Phone Destroyer and our next big hit. With your infallible sense of the mobile industry trends and standards, you will define the high-level design vision and the key monetization and retention features of the games. You will lead a team of game designers, where your role both as an inspiring leader and as an efficient manager is essential. You will collaborate with other project leads, maintaining and developing the core KPI’s with them.
We are looking for an experienced and accomplished mobile game design professional with an excellent understanding of the broader business of mobile game development and operation. You balance easily between creative and business needs and your design is highly KPI focused. You enjoy inspiring people, and with your drive and excellent collaboration skills, you keep the team engaged.
As a Game Director at Ubisoft RedLynx, you get to work in a very impactful role in one of the leading mobile studios of Ubisoft. You have both the opportunity to continue the success of our live game as well as prototype new ideas and craft our next big hit with a very talented team. We want to make unique and creative games and keep the ambition level high. At RedLynx, you get to work with big games and famous brands and enjoy the huge array of resources of Ubisoft. At the same time, you experience RedLynx’s friendly and easy-going working culture, where people are at the core of everything and the community is highly valued.
- Define the high-level design of the games and the key monetization and retention features
- Define the appropriate design methods and pipelines and communicate those with the game designers
- Prototype and build the design of new game ideas
- Lead, mentor and support a team of game designers
- Collaborate with other stakeholders, such as the Producer and Live Ops Manager to determine the production priorities and scope adjustments
- Act as the key creative spoke person for internal and external stakeholders
Our dream candidate has
- Very strong experience in designing systems and economies for mobile F2P games
- Excellent understanding of mobile game monetization
- Good understanding of the broader business of mobile game development and operation (acquisition, retention, GaaS)
- Great leadership skills – leading by example and enabling people to shine in their work
- Self-driven and pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on the 2nd of January but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!