Game Development Manager VEIKKAUS / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: May 21, 2021
Veikkaus creates joy through games. We provide great experiences and top-notch games, but not at any cost. We foster the joy of gaming and make sure that Finns play with moderation, enjoying our games. We want to be the pioneer of responsible gaming experience. Almost all adult Finns have tried our games and we have two million Loyal Customers. We are involved in Finnish life in many ways. We are ca. 1,600 Veikkaus employees, working at nearly a hundred locations all over Finland. Our games are sold at thousands of points of sales and they are also available for safe online gaming at veikkaus.fi and in the Veikkaus application
Would you like to join a hungry and openminded team that is in front of fascinating opportunities in fast developing international business environment? We work hard, support each other and have great fun aiming to create more value to the gaming world.
Veikkaus Business Unit International is looking for a
GAME DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
As a Game Development Manager, you lead two teams: a squad of game front-end developers and a team of graphic artists and designers. Your focus is on facilitating your teams daily work in agile inspired way. This means plenty of resourcing, planning, coordination together with other stakeholders and your teams. You drive to improve processes and working practices. You ensure your team well-being by leading them in front, unblocking obstacles, continuous keeping finger on the pulse, providing feedback and guidance whenever needed.
We expect from you:
- A strong team and people leader, preferably in software or game development industries
- Can keep multiple work streams running and simultaneously keep eyes on both the teams’ well-being but focus on drive excellence and results
- Experience in facilitation and/or coaching experience.
- Good solid understanding and experience of administrative and HR workflows
- Knowledge of software/ game development management processes
- A self-starting, can-do attitude
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Fluency in English
Considered a plus
- Interest in technologies and data driven product development
- Experience in gaming/casino/betting/lottery industry
- Experience in international business and/or product development
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller game studio
- Great atmosphere and awesome, good-spirited co-workers
- Opportunity to be part of a once in a lifetime type of business transformation
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health plans, mobile phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits in the afternoon.
Got your attention? Contact us now!
If we could offer the workplace and the role in which you could share your knowledge and expertise, learn, get inspired, be yourself, and feel good, let us hear from you!
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland. Traditionally we have preferred on-site working, but during COVID-19 situation we have introduced various agile remote working methods.
Veikkaus as a company will perform a drug test, credit information check, and security clearance check (According to the Act on Security Clearance (726/2014)) to the person selected for the position.
Please send your application with CV and salary request included. We are waiting to hear from you soonest possible. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Should you have any further questions, please call +358 40 152 7217; Asko Heiskanen from 24th to 27th of May between 5 – 6.00 PM.