Game Designer (World) SOCIAL FIRST / Helsinki, Finland (Hybrid)
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2022
We are a veteran team with years of experience in building cross-platform social MMO games together and in different companies. We promote healthy work-life balance, safe and inclusive culture, professional development, transparent communication and low hierarchy. We are remote-first and based in Helsinki, Finland – The gaming capital of the world.
At Social First, our ambition is to create cross-platform, social multiplayer & MMO games that will keep players and their friends engaged for years to come. We believe that focusing on the social interactions within games and having high accessibility regardless of the players’ favourite devices are key in creating meaningful, shared gameplay experiences.
We are currently looking for a Game Designer who specializes in game world design and creation to join our growing studio. In this role, you will be responsible for paper and practical design of the world, its environments and narrative description. This is an exciting opportunity to create a game universe that will be enjoyed by players and their friends for years to come. You will be able to expand your design skills across different platforms.
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Great learning opportunities as a part of the early team
- Six weeks of annual paid vacation from the start
- Relocation assistance
- Remote-first hybrid model with a physical office in Helsinki, Finland
- Create and maintain design for the game world with world flora and fauna
- Collaborate with Head of Design and other game design on establishing gameplay
- Champion concept art, level art and level design in creation of world look and feel
- Cooperate with narrative design in concepting game lore and narration
- Create and update documentation for the game world
- Cooperate in creating and updating the GDD
- 3+ years of experience as a Game/World/Narrative Designer on AAA titles
- Expertise in creating game worlds, lore and flora/fauna ecosystems
- Experience in working in a design team
Extra points for experience in:
- Cross-platform or PC/Console games
- MMO, sandbox, metaverse or other highly social games
Interested? Please hit Apply and let’s start charting our journey together!