Game Designer (Gameplay) SOCIAL FIRST / Helsinki, Finland (Hybrid)
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2022
We are a veteran team with years of experience in building cross-platform social MMO games together and in different companies. We promote healthy work-life balance, safe and inclusive culture, professional development, transparent communication and low hierarchy. We are remote-first and based in Helsinki, Finland – The gaming capital of the world.
At Social First, our ambition is to create cross-platform, social multiplayer & MMO games that will keep players and their friends engaged for years to come. We believe that focusing on the social interactions within games and having high accessibility regardless of the players’ favourite devices are key in creating meaningful, shared gameplay experiences
We are currently looking for a Game Designer who specializes in gameplay design to join our growing studio. In this role, you will be responsible for paper and practical design of player locomotion, movesets and controls, as well as enemy locomotion, movesets and behavior. In addition, you will collaborate on creating world rules and metrics. This is an exciting opportunity to create gameplay that will be enjoyed by players and their friends for years to come. You will be able to expand your design skills across different platforms.
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Great learning opportunities as a part of the early team
- Six weeks of annual paid vacation from the start
- Relocation assistance
- Remote-first hybrid model with a physical office in Helsinki, Finland
- Create and maintain gameplay design for player characters and enemies
- Collaborate with Head of Design and other game designers on establishing the game world
- Cooperate with level design on game metrics and player traversal
- Cooperate with narrative design on game lore
- Create and update documentation for GDD
- 3+ years track record as a Game Designer on multiplayer or MMO games
- Expertise in creating gameplay, game characters and metrics
- Experience in character & enemy design
- Experience in working in a design team
Extra points for experience in:
- Cross-platform or PC/Console games
- Creating top-down or third person games
- MMO, sandbox, metaverse or other highly social games
Interested? Please hit Apply and let’s start charting our journey together!