Game Designer KUUHUBB / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: August 27, 2021
KuuHubb Finland is looking for a Game Designer to join our new innovative Match 3 puzzle studio, and support other titles.
KuuHubb is a publicly listed mobile game development company that aims to entertain people with mobile lifestyle experiences. We create games and apps that help our audience relax, express, and entertain themselves every day. We explore new lifestyle trends that can be converted into games and apps, and offer our audience unforgettable gaming experiences.
As a key member of the team, you will collaborate directly with our game, art, and QA teams. You should be experienced in mobile game design and have strong monetization intuition and understanding. You must be a sharp, disciplined, and highly analytical individual who has a passion for mobile gaming and leveraging data to inform the design and balancing of new game features that will drive engagement, retention and monetization.
- Be a primary contributor to design brainstorms, discussions, feature assessments, and competitive analyses
- Create clear, concise, and comprehensive design specification documents to be used by all development teams to understand proposed features and systems; present proposed solutions to other teams; revise documents to incorporate ongoing feedback and revisions; and continually facilitate communication during development
- Be a primary design voice during sprint planning and own specific features during implementation, working closely with programmers, artists, and producers to deliver high quality features to design specifications
- Analyze user feedback and data metrics to recognize issues, identify areas of opportunity to improve game performance, and clean level design and balance insights
- Use tools to create, test, implement, and optimize compelling game content by fixed deadlines
- Collaborate with data and production teams to conduct A/B tests that vet and verify proposals and iteratively improve game performance
- 4+ years of level / game design experience, including content/systems for Match3 games
- Understanding of core mechanics, game loops, and meta-game systems gained by being an avid player of puzzle games
- Ability to analyze, understand, and articulate what contributes to quality puzzle level design
We also appreciate
- Knowledge of game engines: understand games engines and their abilities and limitations, have some programming skills and knowledge of UX and UI
- Match3 level design experience on at least one shipped title
Our vision is to become a top player in the space of lifestyle mobile gaming.
With us, You’ll get to work with something different – KuuHubb is active in lifestyle apps and games, developing titles such as the world’s leading digital coloring book community Recolor, MyHospital, and now the newly launched Match 3 title Tiles&Tales.
In real terms, here are some perks:
- A chance to be a part of a global release
- Work with latest game industry tech stacks
- Flat organization
- An office right in the very heart of Helsinki
Apply by sending your CV and/or portfolio to email@example.com
Be sure to apply as soon as possible as the position will be filled as soon as the right person is found!