PUBLISHED: March 17, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Game Designer for a key role in game systems design working on Remedy’s future projects.
What we are looking for?
- Work with the Lead Designer and other cross disciplinary team members to create fun and engaging game mechanics.
- Own and drive core game features from conception, through prototyping and into release.
- Become a champion for your feature, working on production levels and supporting a cross-discipline level team; ensure the feature is implemented correctly in combat, story and exploration setups.
- Be an evangelist for the game by getting team members excited about the product, feature(s) and why they should want to work on it.
- Work with the Lead Technical Designer to suggest workflow and tool improvements that will improvement productivity within the design team.
- Proactively work to improve the product on a day-to-day basis, propose improvements to other levels, features etc.
- At least one shipped (pre-production to release) title working on core gameplay systems.
- In previous work, experience of taking at least one (preferably multiple) core features from concept to release.
- Knowledge and experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) to script prototype game features and level flow / logic.
- Knowledge and experience working with next generation 3D level editors (CryEngine, Unity, Unreal etc. or internally developed editors).
- Can take criticism and feedback from publishers, leads and other team members and channel it into improving the product.
- Self-motivated and proactive, you never rest on your laurels.
- Working on and shipping 1st person games.
- In previous work, experience with integrating a significant amount of narrative content into levels. Background in either films or creative writing.
- 3D art skills (3D studio max, Maya etc.) for prototyping / white boxing.
So what’s in it for you?
We offer you a chance to do something new and unique. Working as a member of our talented and experienced team with our world-class game technology means you have an excellent opportunity to develop yourself and take your career to new heights. We work hard but we also value a sane work-life balance, and we’re committed to providing our team a relaxed working environment.
The Remedy offices are situated in Espoo, Finland and relocation to the greater Helsinki area will be required. Should you be moving from abroad we are there for you every step of the way with an extensive relocation package.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
Remedy Entertainment Ltd., a privately held developer of action computer games, game franchises and leading edge 3D game technology is based in Espoo, Finland. Further information: http://www.remedygames.com
Alan Wake and Remedy trademarks and logos are property of Remedy Entertainment Ltd. Max Payne is a trademark of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Quantum Break and Xbox One are trademarks of Microsoft Studios. All rights reserved.