Game Designer DAZZLE ROCKS / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: July 14, 2021
Are you a creative and self-driven person who is ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a seasoned Game Designer to join our ambitious and fun-loving team in Helsinki, Finland.
As a Game Designer at Dazzle Rocks, you will be responsible for creating impactful gameplay and systems designs for a cross-platform social MMO in a living world. Delivering important parts of the project and ensuring the quality execution of your designs to realise the overall vision of the game motivates you. You have hands on experience in Unity Engine and like working as part of a cross-functional team.
You will be working with a completely new and original IP, expanding the 3D world with characters, buildable elements, and a living, procedural world environment. We value extensive experience from a similar role, modern-day design thinking, and understanding the player experience and graphics as a whole.
If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment, let’s connect
- Design, prototype, polish, and bug-fix open-world experiences
- Collaborate daily with artists, designers, engineers, and other team members to craft unforgettable gameplay moments
- Pitch new design ideas to the team, and find innovative ways to improve upon existing designs
- “Own” your design ideas and assume responsibility for making them great, from concept to completion
- Take a concept and build that through prototyping to define its implementation
- Produce clear documentation of plans and features
- Experience working in a similar role
- Strong interest in the mobile game market
- Passion for MMO’s
- Knowledge of modern design methodologies
- Self motivated
- Good working knowledge of the Unity Engine
What we offer
- Interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- A collaborative, open-minded, and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Fair and competitive compensation & benefits
- Creative studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!