Game Design Lead FUTUREPLAY GAMES / Helsinki / remote
PUBLISHED: April 6, 2023
We are looking for a Game Design Lead! For further information, please contact our recruitment partner Arja Martikainen @northstartalent.com.
You are an experienced Game Designer and a seasoned leader. At Futureplay your task is to lead the game vision and the team of designers, facilitating design-related communication inside the design team and across departments. You will ensure the best design decisions are made in a timely manner while working closely with the PO shaping the feature roadmap. You’ll manage the design resources as you lead the design-side of Merge Gardens, helping it reach new heights while communicating with the stakeholders, including Futureplay’s parent company Plarium.
You have the ability to form and communicate the game vision, break it into an actionable feature development plan and share the features’ ownership with other designers and devs. You’ll review feature specs, follow their implementation, and keep a close eye on the game systems and their synergies as a whole. You are an expert communicator – you know how to give and receive feedback and are willing to challenge others and get challenged yourself so that we can all grow together and deliver the best possible game for our audience.
As we appreciate the fact that everyone at Futureplay loves making games and getting their hands dirty, fear not – thanks to our low hierarchy and skilled designers, you’ll also have time for hands-on work! This includes producing feature design specs, writing narrative, and prototyping new feature concepts.
- 8+ years of game design experience
- 2+ years of leading game designers
- At least 1 shipped free-to-play game as the Lead Designer (from conception to launch)
- Broad knowledge of game design methodologies & tools
- Understanding the metrics and mechanics of free-to-play games
- Understanding systems and balance regarding in-game economies
- Prototyping experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Great teamwork skills
- Leading the design team, empowering and increasing ownership
- Planning the feature roadmap together with the PO
- Communicating with the stakeholders on everything design
- Hands-on feature design
- All leadership experience – both people and production-centric
- Wide understanding of all game design aspects
- Deep understanding of F2P monetization
- UX expertise
- True ownership and responsibility in one of the best game companies in Finland
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great working conditions in an exciting and agile environment
- Space to grow and learn
- Flat hierarchy and support in learning to navigate in it
- Work: hybrid model, main office location is in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
- Relocation support, if needed
For further information, please contact our recruitment partner Arja Martikainen @northstartalent.com. For applications, please submit your application by using a link below.
The job will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been identified. Take a chance on this!
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish game industry veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 60 people.
At Futureplay, we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment and providing the same opportunities for everyone. We value people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas, so even if you feel like you don’t meet all the requirements listed here but feel that you have the potential, we encourage you to apply! We carefully review each and every application and would really love to hear from you!
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent but can achieve much more under their wings.