GAME ARTIST for playable ads
PUBLISHED: September 3, 2020
SEEPIA GAMES, Lappeenranta
Can you tell what makes a game look, sound and feel amazing? Can you both create new art as well as expand on existing art created by other people? Do you love working on a variety of small, fast projects? Then you might be who we’re looking for!
We are Seepia Playables! Our core business is playable ads – fast-paced 30 second interactive experiences that help game companies showcase their product and attract new users. We also work on larger game projects with our partners, such as Veikkaus, as well as our own products through our main studio, Seepia Games.
We are looking for an Artist to join our growing team! At Seepia Playables, Artists are in charge of the visual aspect of the ad experience. It would be your job to make sure our ads look and sound spectacular while staying true to the style and spirit of each client. You would get to work with many of the most successful game studios and game properties in the world and help them reach new players. You would get join us in pioneering this new, exciting frontier of game advertising, and to innovate and push our projects to new heights.
We are looking for candidates with relevant training or work experience in games. We are located in Lappeenranta, but we offer the option to work remotely.
- Collaborate with our sales team and create the ad layouts and assist with designing the flow and user experience.
- Create the art assets for playable ads based on the files provided by the client. This includes cleaning up and optimizing existing assets, and recreating any necessary new VFX, art and animations.
- Guide the technical crew with the UX design: do buttons feel responsive to the touch, is the text easy to read and so forth.
- Ensure high quality standards for the end result.
- Excellent Photoshop skills: You should be able to edit existing art assets as well as create new ones when necessary.
- Efficient worker: A typical project is about 2 weeks. You should be able to work quickly and efficiently as any delays on your end will delay the whole project.
- Knowledge of game assets and terminology: You should be familiar with game industry jargon and have a solid understanding of what kind of building blocks games are made of.
- Understanding of user experience: You should be able to understand the appeal of a game product (even one you personally dislike!) and translate that into the ad experience. This includes art, atmosphere, tone, audio, motion, and interactivity.
- Stylistic flexibility: Our clients come in all styles from the cute and cartoony to photorealistic to completely abstract. You should be able to adjust to each project and stay true to the style of the client.
- Online portfolio or showreel: We are especially interested in seeing game screen mockups for real or imagined games.
- You should be able to communicate both in written and spoken English.
Great to have:
- Work experience in games
- Animation skills (especially Spine)
- 3D skills
- UI design skills
- VFX skills
- Interest in mobile games
Nice to have:
- Graphic design skills
- Music skills
- Audio editing skills
- Video editing skills
- Web design experience
- HTML5 experience
- Healthy work-life balance and flexible work hours
- Option to work either remotely or in our beautiful office here in Lappeenranta right next to Lake Saimaa (free coffee and snacks!)
- A unique opportunity to explore the new and fast-changing world of playable ads
- The opportunity to work with world famous game brands
- A laid-back, supportive and friendly team of professionals and game enthusiasts
If you are interested in this position, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to hear from you!