Full-stack Developer (Battle Studio) ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: May 7, 2021
Rovio’s Battle Studio is all about making games that don’t shy away from mixing RPG and action elements with strategy. As such, the team is working on creating the most approachable 4X game on the market, which is currently in soft launch and will be soon in global launch. Set up in 2016, the studio has a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency and open communication. The team is always trying to find ways to improve its projects, tools, communication, and themselves, while keeping the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and super supportive. With flexible hours, the teams are respectful of each other’s time, as well as collectively learning from both mistakes and successes as they grow in numbers and experience.
In a nutshell, the team’s mission is to increase the accessibility of the strategy genre by making such games more appealing to a broader audience.
We are looking for a Full-stack Developer to build our game and player management tools, and integrate with both our game team and Rovio’s games technology team.
Our game team is developing a 4X-game called Hardhead Squad: MMO War with a 40+ strong international team in Finland. You’ll be developing an internal player and game management tool, which we use to control in-game events, manage players and guilds in the game. The same tool is used company-wide on multiple games. The tool bridges the game team and game support team by operating between the game server and a team that works that supports our players.
- Design, implement and test internal web-based game and player management tools
- Work closely with a game team to design and integrate game-specific functionality to the tools
- Work with Rovio’s games technology team to link services and data between different tools and platforms
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Several years of commercial experience in developing and delivering web-based applications
- Solid foundation in programming / software engineering
- Experience of using C# and .Net Core
- Good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience in developing and maintaining Web APIs
- Good understanding of relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- Excellent team-player mindset and good communication skills to collaborate effectively with different disciplines in the studio
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Proficiency with Python, Bash or other languages
- Having worked in the games industry
- First meeting: Get-to-know each other meeting with the hiring manager and introduction to Rovio, our current project and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: Technical interview with key people in the team.
Send your application already today! We would love to hear from you!