UNITY DEVELOPER WITH BACKEND EXPERIENCE
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2018
YOUSICIAN, Helsinki, Finland
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a Unity Developer with Backend Experience who will join the team focusing on the monetization side of the product and help develop solutions that enable our business to grow and scale. You’ll be working in a small and independent team and take ownership of major parts of the product’s monetization and payment flows.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work on our flagship app, developing user-facing features related to first user experience, conversion triggers from the free product to premium, checkout and payment flows.
- Take part in product design meetings with product managers and designers to understand and translate business requirements into high-quality code.
- Work with Yousician API’s payment processing features.
- Maintainability, robustness and clean code considerations are always on your mind and you make sensible trade-offs between performance, readability, maintenance and resource usage.
- Use a test-driven approach, and write well-documented tests with good coverage.
- Actively participate in code reviews, while keeping an open mind to the processes we use and suggest improvements.
WHO YOU ARE
- You know your way around Unity and C#.
- You are experienced in building user interfaces using Unity UI.
- You are familiar with developing products available on multiple platforms (especially Android and iOS).
- You are experienced in working with Git and REST based API development.
- You have some experience working with backend (our stack: Python, Flask, MongoDB).
- You learn fast, work independently and get things done.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!