FULL-STACK APP DEVELOPER
PUBLISHED: December 14, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Helsinki, Finland
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
We are looking for a Full-stack App Developer who will join the team focusing on monetization side of the product and help develop solutions that enable our business to grow and scale. You’ll be working in a small and independent team and take ownership of major parts of the product’s monetization and payments.
As a Full-stack App Developer, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take a full-stack approach. You’ll work with the team’s entire stack that includes both user-facing checkout and payment flows in the app and web as well as development of our payment solutions on backend.
- Design, implement and improve Yousician API’s payment processing features (mainly in Python).
- Use a test-driven approach, and write well-documented tests with good coverage.
- Maintainability, robustness and clean code considerations are always on your mind and you make sensible trade-offs between performance, readability, maintenance and resource usage.
- Actively participate in code reviews, while keeping an open mind to the processes we use and suggest improvements.
- Work closely with product managers to understand and translate business requirements into high-quality code.
WHO YOU ARE
- Full-stack development experience.
- You are experienced in working with backend (our stack: Python, Flask, MongoDB).
- You are experienced in REST based API development.
- You are experienced with databases (MongoDB).
- You have experience with front-end development (HTML, CSS, JS).
- You have interest in working with Unity and preferably have some prior experience with C#.
- You learn fast, work independently and get things done.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!