PUBLISHED: September 12, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
In Helsinki, you’ll be using technology like machine learning, micro-services and messaging-based architecture on a scale you won’t see many other places. Essentially, you’ll be doing what Google does on the web (only you’ll be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact. It will help creators get paid for all their hard work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games. And it will give people the option to play for free by putting those ads in front of close to one billion gamers.
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer for our Unity Monetization team. To qualify, you should have a solid background in software development, preferably in positions where you’ve already had to take initiative and make decisions on how things are done.
You should be well versed in modern front-end frameworks and libraries, and understand the different requirements that are brought upon by responsive design and modern UX. You’ve already done front-end development for both mobile and desktop, and your front-end code is designed to make the user experience as smooth as the UI designer envisioned it. Also, you should like bad jokes.
- Implement and maintain frontend interfaces for desktop and mobile clients
- Work with the QA team to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Design and implement required backend APIs together with our server team
- Solid experience in software development
- Knowledge of modern frontend frameworks and tools
- Good grasp of unit testing and test-driven development practices
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills in English
- Experience with React and React-Native
What you also get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving – from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualisation and shopping – democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that colour outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.