PUBLISHED: February 13, 2018
YOUSICIAN, Helsinki, Finland
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
We’re developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world. Doing so is a real challenge, but very rewarding. We are now looking for a Financial Analyst to join us. With millions of people using Yousician to learn music, we are expanding our business fast. The role of the finance team is to ensure the financial compliance of our operations in all markets and to provide useful performance insights to our growth and product teams.
Above all, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-image the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Your main responsibility is to ensure timely and high-quality financial transaction flow from various source systems to accounting and reporting. You will gradually accelerate and automate the process together with our data team.
- Your focus will be on revenue, marketing and licensing cost areas.
- You support marketing and monetization areas by financial metrics, analytics and actionable insights and help to pull numbers together for strategic projects.
- In addition to securing accurate view on past, you will help to build forecasts and scenarios of future performance.
- You will work together with the Revenue team to implement improvements in pricing.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a financial education with focus on numbers, and you understand the key concepts in revenue/cost accounting and recognition.
- You have a strong analytical mindset and capability. You can crunch the numbers but also see the big picture.
- You have an interest in both external and internal sides of financials and can communicate efficiently with our accounting as well as with our business teams.
- You are fluent in using spreadsheets to query, modify, pivot and visualize data. It is a strong plus if you also have experience in developing reporting with Looker, Tableau, Qlikview or similar dashboarding tools.
- 1-3 years of work expertise in relevant areas. You have high professional ambitions and want to be part of developing a world-class finance function in a fast-growing and global company.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!