Finance Manager, Games
PUBLISHED: May 15, 2018
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to join our Games Unit in Espoo, Finland.
What you’ll take under your wings:
You will be part of our dynamic Games Finance team, supporting Game Studios and Functions through business analyses and financial advice, as well as ensuring smooth operation of our financial processes. You enjoy working in diverse and dynamic teams, and collaborate effectively with Studio and Product Leads, and experts across Business Intelligence, Business Development, Advertising, Marketing and Technology to optimize our business from a new prototype to live operations.
As a Finance Manager, you are development-oriented and want to make things happen. You thrive in dynamic environment and are proactive in defining your own working agenda. Reporting to VP Finance, your tasks will consist of:
- Identifying, initiating and executing development initiatives related to Games business unit and Finance (for example, game projects, user acquisition, product marketing and hosting)
- Supporting and advising Game Studios and Functions in business analyses and modelling, business case calculations and partner negotiations
- Crafting game-specific revenue and KPI forecasts together with Product Leads
- Planning and forecasting Games business unit P&L and investments
- Reporting figures towards key stakeholders: Rovio people and Studios, Games management, Rovio management, and Board of Directors
- Calculating and reporting revenue shares to partners
- Performing monthly closing activities
- Participating in quarterly and annual closing activities and audits
In your personal style, you are passionate, creative and inclusive. You continuously seek to challenge and improve the status quo and feel natural in leveraging data to support your advice. You are an enthusiastic gamer.
Sounds like a lot? Well it is! But you’re up for it, right?
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Masters level degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 3+ years of experience in finance, controlling or management consulting, with at least some background from Gaming/IT sector
- Strong problem-solving and modelling skills (Excel, SQL)
- Strong business acumen
- Good knowledge of financial accounting principles (IFRS, FAS)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Constructive challenger with a can do –attitude!
In this role you’ll need to be a strong team player with good interpersonal and teamworking skills. Excellent written and oral English skills are also essential.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more
Fill in the online application form (attach a cover letter together with your CV including your salary request) and wing it over to us. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found – so aim high and apply already today!