Environment Technical Artist
PUBLISHED: April 11, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland/Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break® and Alan Wake®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for an Environment Technical Artist to improve and support the creativity the visual quality of the environment team’s work for the next generation of Remedy games.
World building is an important part of Remedy’s titles, and to create the best possible worlds we’re looking for you to:
- Improve the quality through education and technical improvements or refinement
- Develop and investigate methods to improve pipeline and workflow
- Act as the bridge between art and technology
- Develop and plan ways to improve efficiency through cross project content and library creation
What we expect from you:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Technical Artist and preferably at least one shipped product.
- Knowledge several scripting languages, eg. MAXScript, MelScript and Python or similar/equivalent.
- Experience with advanced scripting for photoshop
- Understanding of modern PBR workflows esp. workflows for substance designer and painter
- Good understanding of asset version control systems.
- Any experience in content creation, e.g. modelling, texturing, lighting, animation or rigging.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of the technical considerations of game creation
- Good aesthetic judgement
- A passion for games. Be proactive and self-motivated
We offer you a chance to do something new and unique. Working as a member of our talented and experienced team with our world-class game technology means you have an excellent opportunity to develop yourself and take your career to new heights. We work hard but we also value a sane work-life balance, and we’re committed to providing our team a relaxed working environment.
The Remedy offices are situated in Espoo, Finland and relocation to the greater Helsinki area will be required. Should you be moving from abroad we are there for you every step of the way.
To apply, please fill in the application with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
Remedy Entertainment Ltd., a privately held developer of action computer games, game franchises and leading edge 3D game technology is based in Espoo, Finland. Further information: http://www.remedygames.com
Alan Wake and Remedy trademarks and logos are property of Remedy Entertainment Ltd. Max Payne is a trademark of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Quantum Break and Xbox One are trademarks of Microsoft Studios. All rights reserved.