PUBLISHED: October 13, 2017
Housemarque is looking for an Environment Artist!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games.
Our company’s purpose is to:
1) Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
2) Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
Housemarque is looking for an experienced Environment Artist with proven track record and portfolio of creating beautiful landscapes and environments. Your responsibility would be to model and texture environment assets and build working environments and levels as directed by the Art Director. You will also need to be proactive and capable of handling pressure, as well as being able to work and solve problems independently.
- At least 2 years of experience as an environment artist in a current generation console or a PC game project or at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC
- Strong modelling skills with Zbrush and in at least one major 3D software, Maya, Houdini or similar.
- Strong Texturing skills with Substance Painter and Photoshop. Substance designer knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in working with Unreal and its materials and environment tools.
- Ability to produce high quality environment assets in the given time frame and strong understanding of gameplay restrictions and performance needs.
- Understanding how to create good looking environments that also support gameplay.
- Proactive – able to work as an own unit, solve problems and submit new ideas.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Not afraid of challenge and responsibility
- Art degree
- Concepting skills
- Knowledge of any other game development skills
- Basic lighting skills
- Speedtree experience