Marketing Lead DODREAMS / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: January 3, 2022
It’s a new year, and we’re looking forward to finding someone great for this job!
Do you talk the talk and also walk the walk? Got your finger on the pulse of trends? Get why people go nuts for them? Have you converted people to action and fandom online?
If you recognise yourself in these questions, we may just go together like Mario and Party!
We’re on a mission to find a Marketing Lead to further grow and engage the user base for our live Drive Ahead! game. With our large and active audience, and massive flow of daily new users, we offer the best opportunity for you to learn and have impact.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the planning, overseeing and in many situations personally getting things done. This includeswork to know our players, get them to play our games, and make Drive Ahead! more than a game with content and community marketing. You help make our game a live-service participating and even creating trends. Additionally, your consumer and market insight skills will help us choose which features and what kind of new games will position our studio to win in future markets.
This is what we need your superior marketing skills for
- Oversee players on their journey to become Master Car Gladiators from first contact with the Drive Ahead! brand to devoted participation in game communities
- Carry out user acquisition through ASO, content marketing, and brand partnerships
- Manage how we react, participate and even create our own happenings online through community and content marketing
- Be the champion of adopting customer and gaming trend insight into our game development by coaching team members
- Maintain visualizations and descriptions of our user segments explaining what motivates them to play and pay, and analyze what prevents them from getting it in our game
- Make sure we understand who our competitors are, what drives their popularity and performance, and where opportunities lie in our market
- Plan strategy for participating in social networking services such as Discord, Twitch, TikTok and YouTube
- Help our team understand what design and features would allow us to have that community and video spectating activity increasingly in-game
And this is what we’re hoping you’ve already checked off your bucket list:
- 3+ years of experience in making and growing games
- History of creating and developing communities around games, understanding of what role online video has in creating a comprehensive entertainment experience
- Social media following beyond friends and family professionally or through hobbies
- Education or practical experience in business, marketing, and game development
- Work experience in customer support, community, and/or marketing
- Long list of different F2P mobile games played from different genres
- Understanding of of the psychology of playing and buying
- Ability to think through numbers and conversions
- Familiar with interpreting user and market research data for decision making
- Fluency in English, with strong communication skills
The position is full-time and based smack dab in the coolest area of Helsinki – Teurastamo.
We do More than Games. We Do Dreams… and ride tanks
We’re on a mission to craft shared moments of thrill. Our games offer outrageous fun with friends. They’re hobbies you master and share with pride in our video community. Disposable entertainment or competition against faceless strangers is simply not our thing.
We’re the makers of Drive Ahead! – the best of Head-to-Head Battlers. Our vision is to be the best in humor and fun. Buckle up and strap your helmet over your eyes to enter the gladiatorial racing arena. The brakes have been greased, your tank is full of rocket fuel, and your co-driver is… a cow.
This wacky premise of hitting friends on the head with a car has taken us to over 160 million organic downloads. Thanks to our active community of 1.5 million fans, we’re still speeding up. Our roadmap offers challenges in the most exciting areas of the industry: real-time online gaming, streaming, self-expression, and deep social meta.
Learning and impact are the foundations of our culture. We spend 3-4 days a month on individual and team rapid learning and hackathons. Reach your full potential in your craft, and ship games defining quality entertainment and how it’s done.
Founded in 2008, our goal is to have as much fun making games as playing them. We’re based in Helsinki, and it really is a blast working together. But we also support working remotely.
In addition to a salary, we support setting up a home office if needed and offer a comprehensive health care plan, flexible working hours, and employee development programs and activities.
How to Apply
Got questions or want to apply? Shoot an email to our Head of Studio Sami Lahtinen. We’d love to see what you’ve done previously with games at work or as a hobby, so please share links or a portfolio. We’ll start interviewing interesting folks as applications come in. We hope to hear from you by February 6, 2022.