DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING, MONETIZATION
PUBLISHED: June 30, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
Unity powers over half of all the world’s games and over two thirds of the world’s VR and AR products. We put the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists through our foundational principle of Democratization of Development. We are hard at work integrating revolutionary monetization systems deep into the core of Unity’s engine. Combining data from over a billion players with advanced deep learning technology and in house proprietary analytics. The goal, to make our customers more successful and their consumers happier
Unity is looking for a Director of Engineering, Monetization who will focus on building the next generation of Unity’s monetization suite. As the leading development platform for online and mobile games, Unity is helping take developer’s creations further and faster than ever before. Unity Monetization enables developers to build a business through advertising, in-app purchase and analytics. Our fast growing business requires a Director to care about system scalability, performance, processing big volumes of data. In addition, the system functional requirements also drive us towards use of rule engines and machine learning. We work with modern technologies such as Go, Node.js on the backend and we utilize Angular and React on the frontend.
What does it take
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing engineering teams, preferably experienced in managing managers or team leads
- Strong technical capacity that allows you to partner with tech leads allowing you to dive deep into architecture and code reviews on different parts of the track
- A strong computer science foundation (BS, MS or similar experience) with a prior track record of excellence as an engineer.
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance, and the ability to drive up the quality bar through proven practices
- Excellent people management and communication skills, ability to lead through influence and guidance, experience in “servant leadership”
What’s in it
- Lead the development of critical, real-time systems with a group of experienced engineers
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and QA to ensure successful launch of features
- Assume project management role as needed
- Participate hands-on with the teams on planning to ensure proper architecture and technical solutions
- Mentor engineering team members on best practices and technical learning
- Work closely with Product Management and Sales to understand requirements
- Expand the existing team of engineers by recruiting and hiring top talent
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving – from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualisation and shopping – democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that colour outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!