Director, Data Science
PUBLISHED: October 5, 2018
We have an opening in our analytics team at Seriously (Helsinki office) for an experienced data scientist with a significant track record in mobile/social gaming. As Director of Data Science you will act as the strategic lead for analytics in our Helsinki office and work closely with the team in Los Angeles. We are looking for a person who excels at using data to improve games, and who is passionate about sharing this knowledge.
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities to use advanced analytics and machine learning to improve our games and their performance
- Develop statistical methods and procedures to analyze and answer complex questions
- Write software packages to compartmentalize analysis using best software practices
- Mentor and train team members
- Work closely with product leads and the management team to ensure the needs of the games teams are met
- Master’s degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field, PhD will be considered a plus
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience in the mobile/social gaming space
- Highly skilled with R and SQL
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with predictive analytics/machine learning
- Fluent in English as it’s our working language
- Opportunity to work with great people on great content
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours and great work-life balance
- Private healthcare plan, extensive health and leisure insurance
- Lunch benefit, annual sports and culture allowance
- Variety of tools. Tell us what you need to get the job done and we’ll get it
- Relocation package and assistance
- Free snacks and beverages
We build global entertainment franchises that come to life first as best-in-class mobile games. We are passionate about great storytelling and epic world-building, desperate conflict and hilarious comedy, unique characters and unlikely heroes. We build brands that not only succeed commercially but also can give back to the world.
We believe in finding the best talent and giving them as much freedom and responsibility as possible. That’s why we take recruitment Seriously.
At Seriously, it’s a core value to share knowledge and information with all our employees. We want communication to be open and easy so we avoid unnecessary meetings and have as flat an organisation as possible. We seek proactive, highly efficient people and then let them do their work as they see fit.