PUBLISHED: October 13, 2017
Housemarque is looking for a Devops Specialist!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games.
Our company’s purpose is to:
1) Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
2) Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
As a Devops Specialist, your responsibilities are to develop and maintain backend systems for our games, internal systems and marketing materials. You will also need to be proactive and capable of handling pressure, as well as being able to work independently, if needed. As our motto is “Game is King”, you need to have a solid understanding how devops can serve our players.
Your mission is to design and implement cloud architecture services, so you’ll need to be familiar with coding in multiple languages as well as ops tools, such as logging services, monitoring and load balancing. It’s definitely a plus if you are already familiar with the games industry, but all you really need is passion for developing great games.
You’ll be working with a team of experts each bringing their own talent to the table. We’ll pair you with other programmers, gameplay designers, 3D artists, level designers and the like.
- Good programming skills (Clojure, Python, JS, C++)
- Understands cloud-based infrastructure and tooling (AWS, Heroku, GCE)
- Knows ops tools (Docker, Packer, Ansible)
- Familiar with monitoring tools and logging
- Can handle systems maintenance responsibilities
- Good communication skills. You gather and share information, and tackle day-to-day problems with efficient face-to-face communication
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Not afraid of challenge and responsibility