DevOps Engineer (Game Development Tech & Support) VEIKKAUS / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: April 29, 2022
Veikkaus creates joy through games. We provide great experiences and top-notch games, but not at any cost. We foster the joy of gaming and make sure that Finns play with moderation, enjoying our games. We want to be the pioneer of responsible gaming experience. Almost all adult Finns have tried our games and we have two million Loyal Customers. We are involved in Finnish life in many ways. We are ca. 1,600 Veikkaus employees, working at nearly a hundred locations all over Finland. Our games are sold at thousands of points of sales and they are also available for safe online gaming at veikkaus.fi and in the Veikkaus application.
We are looking for
DevOps Engineer (Game Development Tech & Support)
We are looking for Engineer/Developer (or Junior Engineer/Developer based on experience) to join our unit’s DevOps team. Our team builds and maintains tools & automation to support game development and slot machine operations. The team also has operational responsibilities in the release processes. In our team you get to work with different environments, from cloud services and self-hosted servers to physical stand-alone devices. We work daily with GitLab CI/CD, GCP, Linux, containers, etc. We also value knowledge of Python, C++, Bash, Linux networking, CMake, Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible, Debian, Flatpak, Electron, Jira, etc.
You will be contributing to the development of world class platforms and development tools – in close co-operation with other Veikkaus teams. Your role and work assignments will be shaped according to your strengths and interests. You may already have a few years of work experience or you have just graduated or are about to graduate. If your studies are nearing completion, we can discuss possibilities of diploma or degree work subject.
We expect from you:
- Applicable educational background
- Previous development experience from work, school or personal projects using any of the technologies listed above
- Passion and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and improve your skills in Linux environments
- Interest in automatization and optimization of processes
- Benefits of a large company (customer base millions of people) with advantages of a smaller studio.
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers in self-driven teams.
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset, according to your interest and talent.
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits offered daily!
- During COVID-19 situation we have introduced various flexible workplace methods, making remote working an agile and practical alternative.
Our unit’s area of responsibility is extensive and exciting, ranging from software tool development to game backends and release pipelines. Veikkaus games are being played several millions of rounds every day – everything must work smoothly and reliably 24/7. We develop with agile methods and work hard to continuously improve ourselves.
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland.
Please send your application with CV and salary request included. We are waiting to hear from you as soon as possible, but latest on 15.05.2022.
For any inquiries about the position please contact Mikko Laakso via email: firstname.lastname@example.org