PUBLISHED: August 23, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 16,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
We are expanding and we need awesome people to strengthen our Development Quality Control team. Your role as a Development Tester is to ensure the quality of the game and smooth and enjoyable player experience. You will make sure that the product meets well-defined criteria by analyzing the defined objectives and making sure the objectives are implemented according to our internal and external standards. You will work embedded in a taskforce or discipline, meaning that you will support a specific team with assignments such as development testing, integration testing, and writing test cases but also giving feedback, insights, and suggestions.
We are looking for a proactive team player who aims for excellence in terms of quality and understands the production of console games. We are offering you an amazing opportunity to become a part of developing one of the biggest brands in games. You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills working side by side with a friendly and talented production team.
- Testing the game according to a test plan and reporting issues in a way that allows issues to be easily identified and reproduced
- Supporting the development team with assigning, tracking and verifying the issues for your task force or discipline
- Creating test cases and keeping testing and project documentation up-to-date
- Reporting on testing progress in the testing area of which you are responsible
- Actively improving the quality and efficiency of tests together with the team
- Managing various types of group tests
- Working with remote Quality Control teams on a daily basis
- Participating in project meetings and providing information about the testing status, major issues, blockers, and risks
Our dream candidate
- Has experience within game testing embedded in the production and has worked on Console or PC titles
- Has in-depth knowledge of bug life cycle
- Is experienced in utilizing bug databases (Jira or similar)
- Is experienced in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures (Testrail or MS Excel or similar)
- Fosters teamwork and proactively supports and includes others
- Takes ownership of the work and strives for excellence
- Has excellent and systematic problem-solving skills
- Is detail orientated and precise about the important things
We also appreciate
- Work experience in AAA productions
- Knowledge related to the project life cycle
- Knowledge of Perforce & game engines
- Knowledge related to the 1st party requirements and submission process
- Knowledge/experience related to automation testing and tools
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on the 8th of September but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!