Development Quality Control Lead
PUBLISHED: August 22, 2019
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 16,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
Development Quality Control Lead
As a Development QC Lead your role is to ensure the quality of the game and smooth and enjoyable player experience. You will lead, develop, manage and motivate a team of development testers and collaborate with other teams on the project. You will establish testing processes and continuously improve them. You will work closely with other team leads, Producers, Ubisoft Quality Control Leads and Release Management to ensure seamless information flow.
We are looking for somebody who has good leadership skills or the potential to grow to become a great team leader. We expect strong experience in the production of console games and strong communication and collaboration skills. We are offering you a unique project and an amazing opportunity to become a part of co-developing an exciting game brand! You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills working side by side with a friendly and talented production team.
- Establish and improve quality control processes for the project
- Lead and manage a team of development testers
- Estimate, prioritize, and manage your team’s tasks and follow up on their work
- Create and maintain test plans and test strategies
- Coordinate and review feedbacks from playtests
- Act as a communication link and coordinate between development and quality control teams.
- Work closely with the project’s key stakeholders to ensure a smooth submission and information flow
- Keep track and report on test coverage progress and product health to various production leads.
- Ensure that the bug database is maintained and updated
- Identify risks and provide solutions to complex problems
Our dream candidate
- Has solid experience in quality control on gaming platforms (Console, PC)
- Has an understanding of general Testing and QA methodologies, processes and terminology
- Has knowledge related to the 1st party requirements and submission processes
- Has knowledge of game production processes and workflows
- Has good skills in leading others and is eager to contribute to a collaborative spirit in the team
- Has a clear and compelling way of communicating and is able to motivate others to pursue common goals
- Has an autonomous and proactive attitude
- Is efficient in planning, organizing and prioritizing their work
- Has great problem-solving skills and stays curious and resourceful in challenging situations
We also appreciate
- Previous team management experience
- Knowledge of agile practices and processes
- Knowledge of Perforce and game engines
- Knowledge/experience related to automation testing and tools
- Work experience in AAA productions
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for?Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on the 8th of September but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!