Development Director for Electronic Arts Finland
The Electronic Arts’ Tracktwenty Studio in Helsinki, Finland is seeking for new talented people to join their team. Tracktwenty is the developer of the hugely successful mobile game SimCity BuildIt. To date SimCity BuildIt has been played by more than 100 million gamers around the world.
· Build and maintain an effective working schedule to ensure that project development milestones are delivered on time
· Anticipate and communicate problems and roadblocks to ensure achieving project goals and milestones
· Build a collaborative relationship with each member of the development team
· Manage change requests and advice key stakeholders on their effect on project schedule, budget and resourcing
· Maintain regular communication with game team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates
· Collaborate with internal and external partners and gather their requirements
· Work on development processes and methodology and look for ways to improve efficiency without compromising effectiveness
· Collaborate with the studio leadership to define strategy and long term planning
· Participate in design brainstorm sessions
· Multiple titles launched/shipped in a Project Management / Development Director role.
· Excellent pitching and public speaking skills as well as perfect written skills.
· Demonstrate leadership and ability to motivate the team, keeping all members focused on the goals.
· Ability to work closely with a large team through all phases of the product development process.
· Organizational skills and ability to execute on projects on time, and at the expected level of quality.
· Able to manage multiple products and projects at the same time.
· Show dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
· Ability to interpret design documents and project schedules to establish and communicate scope.
· Ability to provide both focused and inspiring creative leadership.
· Sensitivity to mass-market audience appeal, and the ability to innovate within it.
· Solid understanding of popular social games and the design mechanics that work well within them.
· A good understanding of various disciplines that go into game development such as programming, art, design and audio.
· Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
· Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
· Passion for playing and making games and an excellent understanding of what makes them fun
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum 4 years software development experience or other related experience
· Minimum 2 year project management or team leadership experience.
· Game industry experience in any discipline (programming, art, production, audio, etc.,)
At Tracktwenty, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
We’ve built a fun, productive and passionate team who are rewarded with competitive compensation packages and great benefits such as shares, pension scheme, healthcare, gym contribution, free games and endless snacks and drinks in the office!