Developer (Game Development Tech & Support) VEIKKAUS / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: November 18, 2022
Veikkaus creates joy through games and protects it. We want to make sure that gambling in Finland is kept on the joyful side. All our actions are guided by sustainability. We want to be a trailblazer in the gaming industry, and a trendsetter of a responsible player experience. Wellbeing is our passion. It is important that our employees enjoy coming to work every day. We offer versatile and extensive employee benefits. With us, you get to do work that makes a difference, in a spirited work community that is constantly developing. Let’s work together – to keep gambling on the joyful side.
We are looking for
Developer (Game Development Tech & Support)
for full-time employment
Veikkaus Game Development Tech & Support team provides comprehensive game development support, both for Veikkaus Game Studio and external partner studios. Leveraging commonly used web technologies, our own world class GDK toolkit allows company’s own studio and partner companies to efficiently develop various multi-platform games to Veikkaus’ portfolio. We have 16 skilled professionals in our team. Our area of responsibility is extensive and exciting, ranging from software tool development to game backends and release pipelines. We work daily with TypeScript, WebGL, Node.js, GitLab CI/CD, GCP, etc. We also value knowledge of C++, Bash, Linux, Terraform, Kubernetes, Electron, etc. Veikkaus games are being played several millions of rounds every day – everything must work smoothly and reliably 24/7. We develop with agile methods and work hard to continuously improve ourselves.
Now we are looking for a talented Developer to join our team. You will be supporting the development of top-notch games with first-class tools – in close co-operation with Veikkaus Game Studio as well as external game studios. The real-money gaming landscape is changing rapidly, this is an exceptional opportunity to bring your full potential to the table and develop your position according to your interest and talent.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller studio.
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers in self-driven teams. You have the possibility to develop software and maintain tools, services and even servers in a true DevOps fashion.
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset. We do monthly “competence development days” that are only dedicated to, well, competence development.
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits offered daily!
We expect from you:
- Professional software development experience
- Strong knowledge of front-end web programming
- Self-driven supporting attitude and good team player skills
- Passion for creating and publishing world-class software
Considered as a plus:
- Previous software development experience from the game industry
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal, self-made etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux environment
- Experience with various mobile devices and browsers
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland. We have introduced agile hybrid working model (40% on-site, 60% remote) to get the best of both worlds.
Veikkaus as a company will perform a drug test, credit information check, and security clearance check (According to the Act on Security Clearance (726/2014)) to the person selected for the position.
Please send your application with CV and salary request included. We are waiting to hear from you soonest possible. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For any inquiries about the position please contact Mikko Laakso via email email@example.com