PUBLISHED: January 21, 2020
We have an opening at Seriously Helsinki office for a Data Scientist. Experienced candidates can be considered for a Senior Data Scientist position. Your work will focus on analysing Best Fiends player data. You’ll enable data-driven decision making and automation in game development and gameplay, which helps make the game even more fun to play.
We are looking for a person who is curious minded and passionate about data analytics, and who is capable of explaining the sometimes complex results to a business decision maker. There is a little engineer inside you who likes to build data products and make results reproducible. We expect you to be a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Work closely with product leads and the management team by analysing the game’s data to identify key areas for growth and improvement
- Research complex questions, use statistical methods, and share analysis results with the team
- Help planning A/B tests, analyze results, and suggest next steps
- Deploy data-driven applications, dashboards, and machine learning models into production to automate decision making
- Share best practises and reusable software components with the analytics team
- Experience in querying large, complex data sets using SQL
- Coding experience in Python, preferably also in the SciPy ecosystem and the PySpark API
- Familiarity with software development practises, version control, and DevOps
- Work experience from putting machine learning models into production
- Thorough understanding of the strengths and limits of different statistical tools and methods
- PhD in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or some field of computational engineering
- Work experience in the mobile/social/free-to-play gaming space
- Coding experience in R and the Shiny web application package
We kindly ask You to send your CV and cover letter to us as soon as possible as the position will be filled once a suitable candidate has been found.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.