PUBLISHED: September 19, 2019
We have an opening on the analytics team at Seriously Helsinki office for a Data Scientist. Your work will focus on analysing Best Fiends player data. You’ll enable data-driven decision making and automation in game development and gameplay, which helps make the game even more fun to play.
We are looking for a person who is curious minded and passionate about data analytics, and who is capable of explaining the sometimes complex results to a business decision maker. We expect you to be a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Work closely with product leads and the management team by analysing the game’s data to identify key areas for growth and improvement
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and other team members to ensure that correct and appropriate data is collected
- Build data sets and automation for analysis
- Use statistical methods to analyze and answer complex questions
- Help plan and analyze A/B tests
- Use large data sets to model and draw conclusions about player behavior
- Share results with the team and company through reports, interactive documents, dashboards, and presentations
- Share best practises and reusable software components with the analytics team
- Experience in querying large, complex data sets using SQL
- Well-versed in data visualisation and exploratory data analysis using BI tools
- Familiar with basic software development practises and version control systems like Git
- Coding experience in R and its data analysis and web application packages
- Coding experience in Python and its PySpark API
- Work experience from putting machine learning models into production
- Work experience in the mobile/social/free-to-play gaming space
We kindly ask You to send your CV and cover letter to us as soon as possible as the position will be filled once a suitable candidate has been found.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.