PUBLISHED: January 12, 2018
As Data Scientist, will be responsible for fueling the design of the Drive Ahead! portfolio of games with Business Intelligence.
We’re seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join Dodreams to develop our business intelligence function. An ideal candidate is able to combine analytical skills with business acumen to provide data and insights into player behavior and their impact on business performance. You make sure with our teams that the most relevant real-time and historical data is identified, tracked, interpreted, and made actionable across all of our games.
In this position you will work closely with our management and product leads as a data-driven advisor and partner. You contribute to a better player experience by translating the player voice into actionable insights for decision-making when developing games as a service. In this role, you’re capable of exploring data using advanced analytics, and build models and tools to develop a deep understanding of the player base, and predict behavior while also establishing and reforming our BI functions.
- Develop a deep understanding and use of data to understand what drives a player life-time value and provide player behavior analysis to producers and game teams
- Make use of data a core practice by partnering with management and team leads to identify strategic business questions, key performance indicators, and actionable insights
- Design and build validation tests to assess the efficiency of the model / algorithm in place and provide strategic insights to stakeholders
- Conduct proactive in-depth analysis and predictive modeling to uncover hidden opportunities
- Work closely with game teams to design, test, verify and implement statistical systems
- Design, develop and evaluate approaches to experiments, owning the strategy and guiding teams
- Develop and deliver tools and solutions that allow teams enhance user experience and monetization of our games through live-ops and pricing
- 3+ years in a data science or similar role in gaming, e-commerce, finance or similar technology fields is required
- BA/MSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or other relevant quantitative field
- A firm grasp of SQL tables and views, files (CSVs, JSONs, XMLs) and web dashboards
- Agile approach to working with data; being able to obtain, explore, model and insightfully understand data
- Experience working with large datasets and data visualization
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Good communication skills, fluent or native English oral and written skills
- Ability to act as our sole Data Science specialist with an up-to-date awareness of where data science can be leveraged to provide business value
- As a gamer yourself, you can stay player-focused and understand the importance of player needs that can be uncovered through analyzing the player data
What We Offer
The Drive Ahead! Brand is the best way to play, share and watch fun games. With a perfect mix of random, crazy fun and casual competitive skill gaming, our vision is to be the #1 choice for action, racing and sports genre fans. We offer a unique opportunity to work with a large and active community of highly engaged players. We make updates and publish new titles with the support of our fan base of 10 m monthly active users.
As a studio we build the Drive Ahead! Brand by creating games that are social through online multiplayer gaming & video streaming as well as highly engaging through live-ops. We continue to enhance the social experience of our games by expanding to new platforms and technologies such as AR. So this is your chance to work with games in the fastest growing areas of the industry.
Dodreams is a growth company made of self-organizing, small and effective teams. Our 20+ employee team is based in Helsinki, Finland. We combine the best parts of a startup and established company. Founded in 2008, we have strong financial standing and also grow fast with the Drive Ahead! Family of Games. As Senior Server Developer, you will play a key role in creating the player experience for the portfolio. As an employer, we offer a comprehensive health care plan and flexible working hours. We provide relocation support for international candidates.
How To Apply
Send your resume through LinkedIn [link] by March 25th 2018. Any questions may be steered to email@example.com with the subject “Data Scientist Questions”.