Data Engineer SERIOUSLY / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: July 12, 2021
Did you know that Seriously is Finland’s 4th biggest games company in terms of revenue? Or that our game, Best Fiends, has been played more than Game of Thrones has been watched? Best Fiends has become a worldwide phenomenon with over 100 million downloads and around 2 million daily players. The game universe has expanded to include thousands of levels, hundreds of Fiends, a growing library of animated shorts, a variety of original content, a dedicated community of millions, and much, much more. Together with Playtika, we’re working towards being the biggest casual mobile games company in the West.
What does this mean from a data engineering point of view? Well, there’s loads of data, to begin with. There’s also many kinds of data, not to mention the speed of actions based on the data. Volume + Variety + Velocity = that’s how we roll. As a Data Engineer, you will join our Data Science & Data Engineering team in the Helsinki office. Some of your fellow engineers and scientists are based in our Los Angeles office. As a global team with a time zone difference, please note that some of the sync up happens around 6 pm. However, anything urgent rarely happens in the evenings. Worry not! Work-life balance is extremely important to us. If you are passionate about modern tech stacks, and improving data pipelines, this is it!
What does the ride include?
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve data pipelines and data integrations
- Bridge the Data Science & Data Engineering team with other teams such as Technology, Game Client development, and Business Analysis
- The tech you would be working with includes Snowflake, GCP, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow, Spark, Python, and more
What does it take to sign up for the race?
- Experience in developing and maintaining ETL and data integrations from various sources into a data warehouse
- Experience in using an object-oriented programming language as part of the ETL pipeline (most codebases are in Python)
- Experience in using public cloud and Docker
- Experience in using a workflow orchestrator service (Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, or other)
- Understanding of data structures and dimensional modeling
- Strong SQL skills
- Fluent in English as it’s our working language
What about increasing chances to win?
- Experience in using and managing an MPP or Columnar database (Redshift, Snowflake, Exasol, Vertica, or other)
- Experience in deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of application security and privacy
- Experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining REST APIs
We offer you a steady working environment, not to mention free apples in the kitchen! We love transparency, trust each other, and give everyone control and responsibility for their work. We learn and grow together. We dare to say that we are one of the most successful gaming companies in Finland so with us you surely are working with the best on the field!
We kindly ask You to send your application, and introduce yourself as soon as possible, as we’ll fill the position as soon as we’ve found the right person.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict, and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.