PUBLISHED: July 15, 2019
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki
Are you passionate about creating clarity from data complexity and with your amazing skills want to contribute to support our Business Intelligence team and develop our next generation data platform – keep on reading.
You should be mastering all parts of the lifecycle of data, from generating them on game servers and client devices, gathering them from external sources, and eventually to their assured destruction according to GDPR compliant retention policies. Above all we will value strong skills in communication and cooperation.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- You are proactive and eager to fix things
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of working experience with big data infrastructure
- Experience of working with big data technologies of cloud computing platforms
- Excellent programming skills in Python, and working experience with UNIX systems.
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of OLAP-oriented SQL
- Working closely with Data Architect and other stakeholders to provide them the needs they have
- Support, develop, and configure the Data Platform based on the requirements
- Designing batch data transformation and feature engineering tasks according to data scientists needs
- Operating data ingestion and ETL pipelines and managing related deployments
We consider a plus:
- Excellent programming skills in C# and/or Java
- DevOps skills and mindset for CI, deployment, configuration and monitoring
- REST API design and development
- Proficiency in Google Cloud Platform big data stack, including but not limited to Dataflow, BigQuery and ML EngineKnowledge of data visualization and dashboarding tools
- Knowledge of stream data processing frameworks, especially ones based on Java (Hadoop)
- Working experience in Microsoft Azure, .NET and Unity is a big plus
The tech? Glad you asked. Currently the game model is C# running on both the client devices and the servers in the Azure cloud. Most of the game analytics data is generated on the copy running on the server. It’s sent through dedicated server instances and Azure Event Hub to the Google Cloud. There, it passes through Cloud Pub/Sub service and a managed Apache Beam service into raw and processed tables in BigQuery database. The analytics pipelines processing the data further — mostly BigQuery SQL — are managed by Apache Airflow.
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into work with diverse tasks. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture and you will get to work with great colleagues from different backgrounds. With us, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop yourself professionally – and have fun while doing it.
Here at Next Games are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well. We aim high, and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Then please apply with your CV and cover letter along with your salary request by 12th August. We will start processing the applications after the application deadline.
Have a great summer! 🙂