PUBLISHED: June 10, 2019
NEXT GAMES, Helsinki
We are looking for a rockstar ready to define, develop and lead the development of our next generation data platform encompassing self-service capabilities, reporting, tools, and modelling for re-usability. If you are passionate about creating clarity from data complexity and with your amazing skills want to contribute to support our Business Intelligence team who drives analysis – look no further.
You should be mastering all parts of the lifecycle of data, from generating them on game servers and client devices, gathering them from external sources, and eventually to their assured destruction according to GDPR compliant retention policies.
Above all we will value strong skills in communication and cooperation as this job requires deep understanding and interaction with multiple different stakeholders including guiding and leading Data Engineers, working closely with the server team and cooperating on a daily basis with our Business Intelligence Director, analysts as well as other stakeholders. Success is not only making data reliable and available, but above all help transform the way we look at and process data to help drive informed decision making across the entire organization.
- Leading and visioning the roadmap and improvements for the data platform
- Partner with our technology and Business Intelligence organizations to ensure the right business and product requirements are driving our data architecture and application decisions
- Lead our engineering team to execute analytics requirements for the organization
- Drive design, definition, development and deployment of standardized product metrics for dashboards to measure our performance across all our products
- Evaluate new technology, including machine learning and AI, in data reporting and platform as a proof of concept
- Develop and implement a front to back strategy analytics processes, including architectural decisions, naming conventions, data modeling, data automation, data presentation, best practices and standards.
- Responsible for establishing update deployment checklists on the data side, user segregations, user documentation and training
- Keep the Data Product Roadmap up to date with from a technology stack, creating upgrade plans and timeline for execution
- Determine the best software solutions and effectively recommend them to key stakeholders.
- Oversee actual implementation as necessary and otherwise facilitate delivery of technical solutions from kickoff to closeout.
- Document programing procedures and code for repeat usage as well as architectural decisions and plans
- Seek to automate solutions at all times
- Designing batch data transformation and feature engineering tasks according to game analysts need
- Operating data ingestion and ETL pipelines and managing related deployments
This is what we are looking for
- A communicator at heart, with a track record of leading teams
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- You are proactive and eager to fix things
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of working experience with big data infrastructure
- You have built a data platform previously
- Experience of working with big data technologies of cloud computing platforms
- Excellent programming skills in C# or Java (and Python), plus working experience with UNIX systems
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of OLAP-oriented SQL
These we consider as a plus
- DevOps skills and mindset for CI, deployment, configuration and monitoring
- REST API design and development
- Proficiency in Google Cloud Platform big data stack, including but not limited to Dataflow, BigQuery and ML Engine
- Knowledge of data visualization and dashboarding tools
- Knowledge of stream data processing frameworks, especially ones based on Java (Hadoop)
- Working experience in Microsoft Azure, .NET and Unity is a big plus
The tech? Glad you asked. Currently the game model is C# running on both the client devices and the servers in the Azure cloud. Most of the game analytics data is generated on the copy running on the server. It’s sent through dedicated server instances and Azure Event Hub to the Google Cloud. There, it passes through Cloud Pub/Sub service and a managed Apache Beam service into raw and processed tables in BigQuery database. The analytics pipelines processing the data further — mostly BigQuery SQL — are managed by Apache Airflow.
Here at Next Games we are passionate about our core values – Caring, Curiosity, and Courage – so these should be close to your heart as well.
We aim high and will ask you to do the same. In exchange, you’ll be part of a team that is great to work with, who is dedicated and passionate about what we do – we believe passion is contagious. Giving each Nextgamer the tools and means to succeed in their job is our priority. We believe the fruits of our labor should be shared with everyone at Next Games. We offer the opportunity to work with a great bunch of passionate and dedicated people, a competitive salary and benefits package, and first and foremost a big challenge.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter along with your salary request through the link below as soon as possible as we’ll proceed once the right person is found.