Data/Analytics Engineer (Mid/Senior) FUTUREPLAY GAMES / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: October 7, 2022
We are looking for a Data/Analytics Engineer to join us!
As a data or analytics engineer, you will collaborate with marketing, product, and development teams to enable and support their data and analytics use. You will take care of data extraction and transformation systems and pipelines, so that the teams have data with high integrity, quality, availability, and ease of use. Based on your experience and interests, you will also work on data engineering (data infrastructure) or analytics engineering (data products). You’re a perfect match if you enjoy combining business approach, innovation, and experimentation with strong engineering skills and practices at your daily work.
- Working closely with marketing, product, and development teams to understand and support their data needs
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of the data stack
- Data collection from internal and external sources
- Building and monitoring data transformations and pipelines
- Building data products and tools with BI software and other suitable methods
- Advanced SQL skills for analytics and modeling use cases
- Experience building data pipelines with data extraction tools (e.g. Ascend, Airbyte, Fivetran) and/or data transformation and orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow, dbt)
- Development experience with some BI tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power BI)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as part of a multidisciplinary and diverse team
- Proactive and independent way of working, critical thinking, problem-solving attitude
Nice to have
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity with command line tools
- Good analytics and engineering practices, e.g. version control, style guides, reproducibility
- Experience in game development / digital marketing / mobile marketing and the data and analytics use cases related to it
- True ownership and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great, caring community working in an agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Low hierarchy and support in learning to navigate within it
- Work fully remotely or in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
- Relocation support, if needed
How to apply
Please apply through our Career site by sending us your cover letter and CV. Please note that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates already during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find a match.
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish game industry veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 50 people.
At Futureplay, we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment and providing the same opportunities for everyone. We value people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas, so even if you feel like you don’t meet all the requirements listed here but feel that you have the potential, we encourage you to apply! We carefully review each and every application and would really love to hear from you!
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent, but can achieve much more under their wings.