Data Analyst, Dream Blast ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: October 14, 2021
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join the Dream Blast team. Dream Blast is a big and successful game loved by millions of players.
Being a Data Analyst in Dream Blast entails being a part of a big and data-experienced team. We continuously run experiments and look for new ideas through players behaviour analysis. And we make data-driven decisions to improve performance of the game and audience satisfaction. We believe you will be great in this role if you have the ability to work with large data sets, apply statistical methods in practice and want to see business impact from changes you commit to the project.
The Dream Blast team is mostly located in Finland and works in a hybrid model (1-3 days per week onsite).
- Liveops. Supporting the team with recommendations based on data we collect, answering the team’s questions.
- Experiments. Designing and running in-game experiments. Helping the team to find options leading to better game monetization performance and our audience satisfaction.
- Investigations. Digging data we collect and looking for opportunities to improve gameplay experience.
- Data culture. Working closely with Data Analysts, Product Managers and Project Leads to continuously improve how we are looking into game metrics and make decisions.
Who we think will do great in this role has
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience in product analysis and experiments design (A/B testing, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation and collaboration skills. Ability to present data and provide actionable recommendations to senior stakeholders.
We’d also love if you have some of these (non-mandatory)
- Prior experience in mobile free-to-play games
- Understanding of Bayesian statistics and/or experience with machine learning
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Familiarity with Mobile Marketing and User Acquisition