Data Analyst, Central Business Intelligence ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: October 14, 2021
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Rovio data craft to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The data craft aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making
A Data Analyst in the BI team is at an exciting intersection between business and technology – you work on guiding the decision-making of one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world. This is a project oriented role in which you will work with a variety of stakeholders throughout the organization. The scope of your work will cover the entire portfolio of Rovio games and operations such as Advertising, User Acquisition and Finance.
We believe you will be great in this role if you have the ability to turn business questions into feasible analyses, work with large data sets, develop data pipelines and apply statistical methods in practice. The tools and methods used in the BI team are constantly evolving which makes learning and knowledge sharing fundamental parts of the job.
The team is located in Finland and the plan is for the team to work 1-2 days per week from the office. Many in the team are at the office on most days.
- Turning questions into communicable data explorations and reproducible analyses
- Building and maintaining version-controlled data pipelines and tools
- Applying relevant statistical methods
- Supporting and developing the processes of data-driven decision making
- Developing self-service reports and dashboards for the needs of stakeholders
- Excellent data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with real-world problem solving with data
- Degree from a field relevant to data analysis or other proof of ability
- Enthusiasm to contribute to the data craft at Rovio
Bonus qualifications (non-mandatory)
- Experience from mobile games or other tech industries
- Communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Experience with version-controlled data pipelines, models or tools run in a production environment
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and technologies such as Athena, Presto, Druid and PySpark. A general understanding of deploying applications in the AWS environment.