PUBLISHED: June 27, 2019
ROVIO, Espoo, Finland
We are looking for a Data Analyst to work with our User Acquisition team, the passionate squad pushing the growth of our games including our hugely successful titles Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds Dream Blast. You will work on delivering insights on one of the most successful entertainment brands in the world, and help our game development and user acquisition teams expand our reach.
Data at massive scale sits at the heart of everything we do at Rovio, it enables us to improve our games that have millions of daily users. We believe such huge data has value only if it is converted to clear insights. The Business Intelligence team, which you would be part of, empowers our Games unit through insights derived from the data. As a dedicated user acquisition analyst you’ll be the bridge connecting the triarchy of Games, UA and BI.
The perfect candidate is driven to dig deeper and analyze complex funnels from ad impression to long term retention. You will use your analytical skills to discover opportunities, objectively evaluate what works, and make recommendations to improve the performance of our UA activities. Additionally, you will identify and influence core aspects of our games in close collaboration with campaign managers, game teams and other analysts. We expect from you an analytical mindset and the ability to explain complex subjects in a clear and concise manner. Communication is key to making data actionable.
The main responsibilities are in the following three areas:
- Working with performance marketing managers to optimize campaign performance
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Spreading best practices to analytics and marketing teams
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Analysing campaign performance and discovering what works
- Building dashboards and reports
- Building data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Ensuring data quality and availability
- Passion for gaming and problem solving!
- Ability to turn analyses into valuable action
- Excellent cooperation skills
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Understanding of advanced SQL
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. R or Python
- Understanding of statistical analysis
Additionally, we’d love you to have:
- 2+ years of work experience in a relevant position
- Prior experience working in the marketing or gaming industry
In Rovio’s Games unit, you’ll join a close community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious. We challenge each other and ourselves in all we do here but keep the atmosphere friendly, inclusive and supportive. A work week with us would most probably include joint breakfasts with your colleagues from around the world, a massage time, gaming sessions, Friday beers and occasionally hackathons and also some actual work.
Becoming a Rovian brings along benefits such as cell phone and laptop from our top models, sports vouchers and access to learning platforms and books. In case you’d be moving from abroad, we’ll offer you relocation support and make sure you have a smooth start with us in Helsinki.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.