Data Analyst ROVIO / Stockholm Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: October 7, 2020
When making games with our lean RPG approach, we employ the design pillars of approachability, fresh core gameplay, a focus on our super fans, and creating living game experiences through live-ops. Our development is driven by our players. We use data to provide insights into our players’ needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration. In this position, you will have a key role in developing our upcoming titles and helping the team to create engaging experiences for millions of players. You will use your analytical skills to understand differences in user behavior. In many ways, analytics drives what actions we take in game development. You will identify and influence core aspects of our games in close collaboration with product managers, game designers and other analysts.
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Creating dashboards and reports
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Preparing data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Building models of user behavior for analysis
- Designing and evaluating tracking events
- Spreading best practices to analytics and game teams
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Passion for gaming and problem solving!
- Ability to turn analyses into valuable action
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Knowledge of advanced SQL
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Experience in A/B Testing design, implementation and decision making
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. R or Python
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Willingness to re-imagine ways of working
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prior experience working in the gaming industry
- Know-how in big data technologies, e.g Presto, Athena, Hive
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will work on an exercise to complete in your own time, and present the results to the wider team afterwards. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the studio member(s), to give you a chance to meet the game team.
If this sounds interesting to you, send your application (CV and a cover letter) today! We look forward to hearing from you!