PUBLISHED: August 27, 2019
As a Creative Writer at Seriously, you will come up with the narrative of our in-game events and write background bios and names for our characters with a creative and funny flair. You will have to go keep in mind the in-game limitations of brief, concise texts with a ‘less is more’ approach while also keeping it funny, consistent and in-character with an established voice and tone.
At the same time, you participate in product and brand writing projects such as book projects and employer branding. You will get requests for copy from multiple sources and each requires its own approach. You will own the text and make sure it has the heart and soul of Best Fiends and Seriously in it.
The ideal candidate wears multiple hats, works easily in a creative and fast-moving market, is a team player and takes feedback well. You understand the constraints of the gaming industry and the challenges inherent in writing narrative for games. You’re willing to own the creative writing side of Best Fiends and the World of Minutia and everything you produce takes the world and characters onwards.
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, we are just about to conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Work with game developers in writing for various game events, new features and supporting text including marketing and sales
- Work with other stakeholders on relevant projects such as employer branding, book projects etc.
- Work with the product team and help them with website and product copy
- Manage multiple projects and interpret creative direction
Qualifications and skills
- Experience in producing copy for digital and broadcast channels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software or similar
- Native level English language skills, especially in writing
- Skill with the nuances of social media writing, including hashtags, emojis and acronyms
- Creative mindset for writing dialogue for characters and background fiction
- Understanding of mobile games
If you feel you’re up for the challenge, please apply as soon as possible as we´ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.