PUBLISHED: May 11, 2020
DAZZLE ROCKS, Helsinki, Finland
We are looking for a Concept Artist to join our team in Helsinki, Finland. You will have an opportunity to work on a visually and technically advanced and challenging mobile-first MMO game. As a concept artist you have a huge impact and lead the look and feel of the game world, characters, and environment.
You work closely with our artists and development team to realize the vision of the game. This role is for an artistic person who comes up with original and cohesive visual ideas for the game.
We value traditional art skills upgraded to modern-day design thinking and understanding the player experience and graphics pipeline as a whole.
- Work on original and inspiring concept art for the game and IP
- Create mood boards, color palettes and other material for artists to use in their asset creation process
- Develop cohesive environments and world content
- Collaborate with the team to build a common vision and understanding of the visual look and style of the game
- 3+ years experience as a concept artist in a game company
- At least one published 3D game where concept art was used to produce a complete set of assets from scratch to a finished product
- Solid understanding of traditional art foundations (color theory, drawing, shapes, lighting and shadows..)
- Strong skills of sketching and digital painting
- Passion for free-to-play games and MMO’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work in Dazzle Rocks style (see the banner): mobile first, stylised graphics, isometric view, charming chibi-like characters, simple textured cute animals, bright and saturated colours
- Passion for storytelling, visual novels, and world-class IPs
- Follow industry techniques and leading practitioners
- Experience from storyboarding and defining UI concepts
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include a short cover letter, CV and portfolio (if applicable) to your email. All art roles should have a link to visual portfolio. Technical roles should include a link to Github or other work samples.
Only applications that contain above information will be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Dazzle Rocks
We are building an upcoming social MMO game for the mobile and beyond. We are taking the real-time gameplay, world-building, and shared persistent universe to a new level and will revolutionize the Sandbox MMO genre.
We are a growing international team with experience in building successful mobile games, distributed game server technology, and an ambitious and fun working culture. Our latest game is soon entering public beta and we are now looking for pioneering, start-up minded people to join us!