PUBLISHED: October 17, 2017
Does South Park make you giggle? Are you that rare breed of hardcore gamer and social butterfly, longing to be part of a world-class international game development team, with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx has you covered!
RedLynx, a Ubisoft studio is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic
to be a part of our Marketing & Community team.
As a Community Manager you’ll be in a key role for our community activities on our latest mobile title, South Park: Phone Destroyer. Your role is essential in making sure our game has a healthy, active and engaged community, which just can’t stop having fun! You’ll be working closely with the game’s Community Developer and the rest of the community team.
Your job is to get your boots on the ground in the community, roll up your sleeves, and get to work! As a representative of the studio, you’ll be communicating with the community and supporting the community engagement plans created by the game’s Community Developer. These plans include (among other things) engaging players in conversations on forums and social channels, supporting the creation of community content such as blogs, FAQs, livestreams, and guides.
You’ll be a trusted spokesperson for our games and studio to our player communities – shaking hands, kissing babies, and all. As a gamer yourself, you’ll love serving as a voice for these communities to our studio. You’ll be tasked with providing informed insights on their activities, needs and feedback to help make sure we’re delivering an absolutely AWESOME user experience! Identifying super rad influencers and working with them to leverage their presence and impact for our games and their communities is critical, and as a social butterfly, you’ll dig it!
You’ll need a thorough understanding of contemporary gaming genres and platforms, as well as fluency with games-as-a-service practices and production/business models to be successful in the position. We’re looking for the kind of team player that views their team like a family. A passion for games, entertainment, social media and gaming communities is non-negotiable. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. Keeping track of multiple things at the same time and prioritising work against schedules is a breeze for you. You’re used to an autonomous and entrepreneurial working style and taking initiative is in your DNA.
This is an 18-month fixed term position, but due to the project’s nature there is a possibility to become a permanent member of the RedLynx family after the fixed term contract ends.
- Collaborate closely with the Community Developer, and helping to execute their community strategy
- Work with the Community Developer to make awesome community initiatives happen
- Create great player-facing content that helps deepen the player experience
- Communicate directly with the player base online
- Keep your ear to the ground about community health and player concerns or trending topics, and report your findings
- An awesome project with a huge brand and an already dedicated and growing community
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Network of highly talented people all over the world + brands of a leading player
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE IS
- An energetic badass with a passion for gaming
- A rockstar with a social mindset, forged in the fires of gamer culture
- A wicked good communicator in English
- Not shy about using social media, and an active participant in gaming culture
- A team player that understands the “one team, one fight” mindset
- Flexible, and ready to rapidly adapt to changing situations
- Experienced with user moderation in an online environment, including experience working with forum, live chat, or other game mastering tools
- EXTREMELY stoked to work on South Park: Phone Destroyer
- Game / entertainment industry experience
- Appreciation and love for gamer culture
- Mobile game experience
- Streaming experience
- Knowledge of and passion for South Park
This may be the opportunity of a lifetime, so don’t wait or hesitate. Just go for it.
Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 31.10.2017, so apply now!