Communications Manager ROVIO / Helsinki Metropolitan Area
PUBLISHED: May 7, 2021
Come craft joy with us and shine the spotlight on the top class people behind Rovio’s success! Our Comms & PR team drives creative initiatives that expose company products and projects to both internal and external audiences. Working with Rovio’s deep bench of talented professionals, the Comms & PR team builds ongoing media coverage while creating engaging content and events to promote Rovio’s thought leadership across multiple disciplines. They also coordinate with internal teams (Marketing, Games, Brand Licensing) to maximize brand messaging consistency in all PR efforts.
Rovio is expanding globally with new studios, teams and nationalities joining the company — 53 at last count! Especially after such a world-changing year, how can a company like Rovio continue ensuring its internal and external comms reaches the target audience and the high-quality standards, while maintaining an exemplary cadence, within the global games industry. This is just one of many exciting challenges in this role!
This role is heavily focused on internal communications. In this position you are responsible for the development and execution of the internal communications program and company-wide meetings, as well as strategic initiatives to evolve employee engagement globally. Our current internal communications style is very informal, playful, and democratict is essential to maintain that tone, while providing more structure and helping top management get their messages through. Meanwhile, this role also includes supporting the Comms and PR team with external communications initiatives in all external channels, events, and media relations throughout the comms calendar year.
You will succeed in this role if you are someone with a wide experience with impacting both internal and external audiences, you have a strong bias for action, and you are not afraid to execute innovative comms practices. Previously, you have worked at a communications agency, done consulting, or have executed comms strategies in a large organization.
The position is a fixed-term employment (maternity leave substitution) for a minimum of one year.
- Devise and execute Rovio’s internal communications strategy, acting as a critical communications partner between PR/Comms, HR and Leadership teams
- Responsible for the roadmap for internal company-wide meetings, events and executive level announcements, acting as lead to ensure timely information flow to all employees, regardless of their function or location
- Lead on the evaluation of internal communications activities, demonstrating impact and audience engagement via qualitative + quantitative analysis.
- Supporting the team with content and coordination needs for external channels and events
- Support executive level internal announcements and ensure managers are equipped to reinforce key messages shared.
- Designing/executing initiatives and tactics designed to foster knowledge sharing and inclusivity, while ensuring the company’s values and general sense of joy + fun are at the forefront
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Extensive communications experience with a broad set of skills either in an agency or within large organizations
- Native-level English speaker/writer, able to write short, concise copy, as well as talking points and larger communications briefs
- Proven ability to roll out novel internal and external communications tactics.
- Experience acting as an internal company spokesperson and comfortable with public speaking
- Track record of providing internal communications consultancy to senior management
- Proven ability to manage projects, coordinate timelines, and work with external partners in content production and media management
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Up to date understanding of innovations in internal communications practices, particularly new platforms/channels
- Content creation skills for various platforms, including press releases, website content, social media content and imagery (both still and video)
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent context-shifting skills: from strategic to tactical, from one complex matter to another
- First meeting: You will meet a member of the team first. We would like to know more about who you are, what motivates you and your experience leading to now. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise in your own time. As a follow up, you will give a short presentation to the core team.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the Head of Comms. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.