Cloud Ops Engineer DAZZLE ROCKS / Helsinki
PUBLISHED: July 13, 2021
Are you a passionate and self-driven person ready to break new ground for what will become the new norm of mobile gaming? We are looking for a Cloud Ops Engineer to join our skilled and highly effective team in Helsinki, Finland.
As a Cloud Ops Engineer at Dazzle Rocks, you will maintain a robust game services platform for our MMO games. We have a distributed stack that supports real-time interactions, world-building and data-driven simulations on AWS. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the services and tools our game team uses daily and work with our external platform partners. Ultimately you will have a significant influence on how Dazzle Rocks will scale the platform to support millions of players. You are a motivated problem solver who can take initiative and actively improve the existing systems and configurations and you’re great at anticipating upcoming bottlenecks in the pipelines.
If you’re right at home in a fast-moving and growing start-up environment and being a great team collaborator is second nature to you, let’s connect!
- Manage and secure cloud infrastructure at scale
- Automate deployments, configuration, and environment management
- Maintain the stability and performance of the cloud platform
- Utilize the latest industry standards and best practices
- Manage internal build systems and network infrastructure to support the development team
- Monitor the systems and respond with practical solutions to issues
Our ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of hands-on work experience in AWS or other cloud providers
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipelines
- Deep understanding of IT security and risk assessment
- Experience with metrics collection and log management
- Significant experience with Linux administration
- Understanding of networking and Internet protocols
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Prior experience with on-call and system support
- Experience managing EC2 instances, autoscaling, and load balancers
- Experience with CodePipeline, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy
- Experience in games industry
- Ability to quickly take on new roles and responsibilities
- Track record of successfully deploying and running distributed systems
- Prior experience managing analytics pipelines and data engineering workflows
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang-based tech stacks
What we offer
- An interesting and groundbreaking project
- Passionate, fun & start-up minded colleagues
- Collaborative, open-minded and international team
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Creative studio space at the heart of Helsinki
- Possibilities to develop in your role and skills, be the architect of your own path
- Due to the exceptional situation in the world, we are in remote work mode. To make your home office as comfortable as possible, we provide all of the needed hardware and software for you to be at your best during these times. We’ve also come up with great ways to stay connected with the team, even when we’re apart.
We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us!