Cloud Operations Engineer
PUBLISHED: May 11, 2020
DAZZLE ROCKS, Helsinki, Finland
We are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer to develop and maintain a robust game services platform for our MMO games. We have a distributed stack that supports real-time interactions, world-building and data-driven simulations on AWS.
This newly created role will be responsible for day-to-day development of the services and tools our game team uses daily. This role will also work with our external platform partners and will contribute to Dazzle Rocks’ success by helping to scale the platform to support millions of players.
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated problem solver who can take initiative and actively improve the existing systems and configurations and who can anticipate upcoming bottlenecks in the pipelines.
- Manage and secure Linux-based cloud systems and networks at scale
- Automate deployments, configuration, and environment management
- Maintain the stability and performance of the cloud platform
- Utilize the latest industry standards and best practices
- Manage internal build systems and network infrastructure to support the whole development and testing team
- Monitor the systems and respond with practical solutions to issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Prior 3-5 years of hands-on work experience in AWS and minimum technology experience of 5 years
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipelines
- Must have a deep understanding of Security (Security Group, NACL)
- Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, PKI and distributed networks).
- Significant experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience managing EC2 instances, autoscaling and load balancers.
- Experience with Linux systems from the kernel level and up
- Experience with configuration management solutions
- Experience in mobile game industry
- Ability to quickly take on new roles and responsibilities
- Track record of successfully deploying and running configuration management systems
- Prior experience managing analytics pipelines and data engineering workflows
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang-based tech stacks
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include a short cover letter, CV and portfolio (if applicable) to your email. All art roles should have a link to visual portfolio. Technical roles should include a link to Github or other work samples.
Only applications that contain above information will be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Dazzle Rocks
We are building an upcoming social MMO game for the mobile and beyond. We are taking the real-time gameplay, world-building, and shared persistent universe to a new level and will revolutionize the Sandbox MMO genre.
We are a growing international team with experience in building successful mobile games, distributed game server technology, and an ambitious and fun working culture. Our latest game is soon entering public beta and we are now looking for pioneering, start-up minded people to join us!