Lead Cinematic Designer MAINFRAME INDUSTRIES / Helsinki / Reykjavik / Paris
PUBLISHED: December 8, 2021
Do you want to take part in creating the game of a lifetime?
At Mainframe we are building a living world that people will call their home for years and hopefully decades. This world lives in the cloud and will through the years of its operations, become the setting for complex social drama that involves potentially millions of people around the clock and around the world.
Your mission and responsibilities:
What’s a video game without a trailer? As Lead Cinematic Designer, you’re in charge of both establishing our video pipeline and delivering kick-ass trailers. As we prepare to release our cloud-native MMO, the videos you’ll produce will show our game under the best possible (spot)light, ignite passion in our players’ hearts and will be the centerpiece of our marketing efforts.
Your role is based preferably in Finland, Iceland or France, where we have our offices. We are open to discussing remote work but, we prefer to stay in the time zones between Helsinki and Reykjavik. We believe in good work-life balance and working where you are most productive.
In the next 12-18 months you will:
- Build our capabilities to capture high quality footage from our game builds, in Unreal Engine: staging environment, tools, etc.
- Establish our video pipeline, leveraging internal and external resources, within a budget you’ll define, justify and manage.
- Plan, design and produce the main video pieces supporting our announcement, communication towards our player base and launch campaign: game trailers & teasers, in-game video content, video assets for social media (clips, gifs, etc.).
- Successfully establish yourself at a junction between the Art and Publishing disciplines.
Some success indicators for your role:
- You are proficient in playing and capturing gameplay footage in Unreal Engine, using Sequencer, including animation and camera scripting.
- You are fluent in video editing techniques and software (e.g: Adobe Premiere Pro).
- You have a proven track record as a storyteller, experienced in driving and producing video assets from ideation phase to final delivery with everything in-between.
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of composition, light, color, audio and action in marketing assets.
- You know how to manage complex creative projects involving multiple stakeholders and partners.
- You show a passion for gaming, pop-culture and fantasy ; MMO a plus.
- You’re autonomous and driven – we’re a start-up and are looking for individuals who will help us break new ground and build our future.
- You are fluent in English, other languages a plus.
We have a human-friendly, equal-opportunity workplace that values collaboration, independence, and empathy.
We have our offices in Helsinki, Reykjavik and Paris. All our offices are centrally located and we offer you top of the line work conditions wherever you work.
We are a well funded pan-Nordic start-up founded in 2019. We are working on a project we love. Joining us now is an opportunity to make an impact on the game we develop and the company culture very early on.