Character Technical Artist MAINFRAME INDUSTRIES / Helsinki / Reykjavik / Paris
PUBLISHED: March 15, 2022
Do you want to be a part of building the game of a lifetime?
At Mainframe we are building a living world that people will call their home for years and hopefully decades. This world lives in the cloud and will through the years of its operations become the setting for complex social drama that involves potentially millions of people around the clock and around the world.
Your mission and responsibilities:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create, implement, optimize and maintain all types of character rigs including runtime deformations, both cloth and hair simulation needed for next gen MMO. Additionally you’d create, implement and maintain weapons and props required for the game. All this as a part of a world class team of game developers. Working closely with character artists, animators and technical artists.
Your role is based preferably in Finland, Iceland or France, where we have our offices. We are open to discussing remote work but, we prefer to stay in the time zones between Helsinki and Reykjavik. We believe in good work-life balance and working where you are most productive.
In your first 6-12 months you can expect to:
- Create, implement and optimize runtime deformation systems and cloth simulation for AAA quality character costumes, faces and hair simulations.
- Create and maintain clear and optimized blueprints related to characters.
- Work closely with character artists, animators and technical artists in developing a system design that combines game design goals with technological considerations and limitations.
Skills and qualifications:
- You have 2+ years of experience developing, optimizing and maintaining character rigs.
- You enjoy seeing the most cutting edge characters on screen.
- You have experience creating runtime deformations and cloth simulations for games.
- You have studied anatomy.
- You have good communication skills and you enjoy working in a team.
- Unreal Engine experience would be an extra boost to you and your team.
- Knowledge of creating shaders in Unreal would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of Python is also a bonus.
We have a human-friendly, equal-opportunity workplace that values collaboration, independence, and empathy.
We have our main offices in Reykjavik and Helsinki. Both our offices are centrally located and we offer you top of the line work conditions wherever you work.
We are a well funded pan-Nordic start-up founded in 2019. We are working on a project we love. Joining us now is an opportunity to make an impact on the game we develop and the company culture very early on.