We are passionate about being a gaming sector developer that offers its customers the world’s best gaming experience. Do you want to join us in building a gaming company that stands boldly at the forefront of the industry?
Veikkaus employs a wide range of gaming and digital sector professionals: service architects, software developers, digital marketing experts, data scientists, quality assurance experts.… Veikkaus has its own game studio that designs and develops new games and gaming innovations. You can find these, for example, on Finland’s largest B2C e-commerce site veikkaus.fi.
Join us and grow as a professional. We offer exciting career opportunities and employee benefits. We are genuinely invested in being a responsible employer able to offer competitive employee benefits and a healthy work-life balance. We are also motivated each day by the fact that our gaming profits are directed towards good causes, one billion euros annually of opportunities for a better life.
We are looking for
C++ Developer (Gaming Engines and Platforms)
for full-time employment
Veikkaus Gaming Engines and Platforms team develops software and game development tools for games and slot machines. We have 13 skilled professionals in our team. Our area of responsibility is extensive and exciting. Veikkaus games are being played several millions of rounds every day – everything must work smoothly and reliably 24/7. We develop with agile methods and work hard to continuously improve ourselves.
We are always looking for new skilled C++ developers to join our team. You will be responsible to design and implement new features to the slot machine platform – in close co-operation with Veikkaus Game Studio as well as external game studios. You’ll be coached by senior and lead developers, but you will have freedom and responsibility of your own work. The real-money gaming landscape is changing rapidly, this is an exceptional opportunity to bring your full potential to the table and develop your position according to your interest and talent.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller studio.
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers in self-driven teams. You have the possibility to develop software and maintain tools, services and even servers in a true DevOps fashion.
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset. We do monthly “competence development days” that are only dedicated to, well, competence development.
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits offered daily!
We expect from you:
- Previous experience in C or C++ development
- Proven track record from software development
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux environment
- Self-driven supporting attitude and good team player skills
- Passion for creating and publishing world-class software
Considered as a plus:
- Experience with modern C++ (14/17)
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Familiarity working with large code base
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland.
Due to the nature of Veikkaus as a company we will perform a security clearance check to the person selected to the position.
Please send your application with CV and salary request included. We are waiting to hear from you soonest possible. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For any inquiries about the position please contact Mikko Laakso via email firstname.lastname@example.org