Business Analyst SERIOUSLY / Helsinki, Finland
PUBLISHED: August 25, 2021
Did you know that Seriously is Finland’s 4th biggest games company in terms of revenue? Or that our game, Best Fiends, has been played more than Game of Thrones has been watched? Best Fiends has become a worldwide phenomenon with over 100 million downloads and around 2 million daily players. The game universe has expanded to include thousands of levels, hundreds of Fiends, a growing library of animated shorts, a variety of original content, a dedicated community of millions, and much, much more. Together with Playtika, we’re working towards being the biggest casual mobile games company in the West.
We are looking for a few Business Analysts to join our team in Helsinki. Your work will focus on analyzing Best Fiends player data, which helps make the game even more fun to play. We hope you are curious-minded and passionate about data and business analytics, and you are capable of explaining the sometimes complex results to a business decision-maker. Most of us enjoy playing games, but what’s even more important is that you want to learn games as a business.
What does the ride include?
- Analyze large data sets to model and draw conclusions about player behavior
- Build automated dashboards and reports to facilitate company-wide awareness and understanding of key business metrics and player’s experience
- Work closely with internal departments to drive insights that will help produce a better game experience and insights that will drive towards monetization and retention improvements
- Come up with relevant game-related questions and hypothesis
- Help planning A/B tests, analyze results, and suggest next steps
- Share results with the team and company through reports, interactive documents, dashboards, and presentations
What does it take to sign up for the race?
- Ambition and interest towards player behavior and game mechanics → digging deep into the data, understanding the player, and developing on that area
- At least a few years of experience in business analysis
- Experience in querying large, complex data sets using SQL
- Well-versed in data visualization and exploratory data analysis using BI tools
- Understanding of statistics concepts, particularly related to A/B testing
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills
What would make us amazed?
- Work experience in mobile gaming
- Degrees, courses, and practical projects in analytics, data science or economics
- Coding experience in R or Python and the related data analysis and web application packages
We offer you a steady working environment, not to mention free apples in the kitchen! We love transparency, trust each other, and give everyone control and responsibility for their work. We learn and grow together. We dare to say that we are one of the most successful gaming companies in Finland so with us you surely are working with the best on the field!
We kindly ask You to send your application, and introduce yourself as soon as possible, as we’ll fill the position as soon as we’ve found the right person.
About Seriously Digital Entertainment
We are building mobile games that become entertainment properties. We are passionate about great storytelling, unique characters, desperate conflict, and unlikely heroes. We are inspired to build brands that can give back to the world.
We are in this because we are driven to make great games. We want to make games that keep you playing, in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours. Games that stay in the back of your head through the day and games that you want to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break.