Battle Studio Game Developer – Front End (Unity) and Backend (C++)
PUBLISHED: May 15, 2018
Our Battle Studio is creating cutting-edge mid-core games and establishing new IPs. Come get inspired and be part of creating something fresh! Excitement is brewing as the team prepares to tackle ambitious goals. Feel inspired by the opportunity and freedom of getting involved at the game’s genesis.
We have a rare opportunity for a programmer to work across the backend and the front end of a brand new PvP mobile project. This is an opportunity to make a massive impact on a game that will potentially be played by millions of players. You will be making key decisions and have the chance to work across multiple problems and areas. If you have the passion for solving the technical challenges of real-time PvP games and would like to work with the backend and the client side of a game, in a small cross functional team, this is a fantastic opportunity.
What you’ll take under your wings:
- Have the chance to work across the entire engineering spectrum, building features covering the server and the client side feature implementation
- Participate in designing client/backend communication protocols
- Work in a small cross functional team, taking ownership for technical decisions
- Work closely with the Lead Server developer to make decisions on server side implementation and architecture
- Maintain the game server cloud infrastructures
- Ensure that game backends are efficient, secure and scale well
- Integrate other cloud services to game servers
- Implement and test game features with other programmers in the team
- Work together with Client programmers to ensure seamless backend integration
- Optimize the game to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Participate in prototyping new game concepts
- Work as a team with other developers, designers and artists
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- Experience in Games development and interacting with the backend and frontend
- Broad knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, especially AWS
- Strong programming skills with C# /Unity and also C++
- Good understanding of SQL databases
- Proven game server development background preferably on mobile game projects with millions of players
- Understanding of game architectures and technologies (especially real-time and asynchronous PvP), ideally working on games with millions of players
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Experience with any additional programming languages
We’re looking for team members who bring their own creative vision to everything they do. If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with skilled co workers, contribute to a captivating new product, and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more!
Send your application now – we look forward to hearing from you!