BACKSTAGE CONTENT WRITER
PUBLISHED: May 5, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Siltasaarenkatu 16, Helsinki, Finland
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
BACKSTAGE CONTENT WRITER
The Backstage team is now looking for a new member to support us in written communication around Yousician’s employer branding across all channels: website, blog, SoMe and recruitment materials. You’ll also help manage public relations to deliver the Yousician story to the world. You will make sure the Yousician communication remains consistent and represents who we are and what is most dear to us: our pride in what we do and our awesome company culture. While being a part of the Backstage team, you will work with different cross-disciplinary teams to create content that speaks to various audiences and conveys our story and what we do every day to make the world a more musical place.
The position is full-time, located at our office in Helsinki and with a fixed period of six months, starting as soon as we find the right person! Please include a link to your portfolio, blog or website to showcase your writing skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Grasp the essence of Yousician as a company and product and translate it into words.
- Oversee the company’s external communication making sure the style and message remains consistent.
- Produce written content for our existing outlets with employer branding in focus both by writing yourself and by supporting the rest of the team by for example interviewing, proofreading or consulting.
- Plan and manage our PR: define a PR approach, manage our media kit, and when necessary, find and coordinate with a PR agency.
- Join us at events by writing and posting about them before, during and after, as well as helping us with the practicalities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An effective and creative communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas in simple and compelling ways and with at least 2 years of experience in copywriting, content marketing and/or storytelling.
- You have a degree or are currently studying in a relevant field.
- A (near-)native English speaker with excellent writing skills and with writing samples to share. Excellent Finnish skills are a bonus but not a requirement.
- A true team player — you know when to apply your own vision and when to listen and realise someone else’s, you are able to both take full ownership of a task and to support your team members to achieve the best results.
- You thrive when working with different teams and tasks and you are able to pivot and switch between tasks with ease.
- You learn fast and have a real interest in deepening your knowledge about anything related to a tech company that follows the lean startup approach.
- Capable of independently taking on our PR activities.
- A wanna-be musician or music enthusiast who is passionate about our company’s mission and can write about music-related topics.
These are a big plus:
- 1-2 years’ relevant work experience for example from a startup or a high-growth company.
- Experience in the IT field and/or background in technical writing. Knowledge of startup and programming lingo; You find it exciting telling others about stuff like SCRUM, MongoDB, Unity frameworks, web APIs and MVPs.
- An interest in HR functions (employer branding, talent acquisition & recruitment, onboarding, company culture, events).
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you are able to communicate effortlessly with anyone from developers to the CEO.
- Good connections to the startup ecosystem and the media.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary and crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decision and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV and writing samples (in English) as soon as possible, but latest by Sunday 4th June.
- Please note that remote work is not an option for this position.
- Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 5.5.2017.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!